Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Map of current, upcoming and suspected Tesla Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
> If I were in the Bay Area and wanted to go to the East Coast I would hop on I-80 to start with. [JohnQ]

Problem during winter is the cold in N.NV. When its -11*F you can only sleep for 2 hours max for fear the diesel will not start up. So Bay Area > Vegas > I-70 > Denver would have been a better choice. This Easterner learned it the hard way.

> The I-80 text was removed from the website [dbfish]

Did you (or Google) cache the original text?
--

Last edited:
> that's nothing close to what the Tesla site has on the map for Winter 2013. [Eric from NE]

LOL. I just now looked at the 'slider map'. The 'winter 2013' map is a complete joke, jumping straight north into SD, forcing Tesla traffic into Chicago. Not conducive to Cross-Country Coast to Coast travel.
Looking at the winter 2013 map, one begins to wonder whether legal stuff -- state permitting and utility company agreements -- are driving the choice of early locations. Notice how the proposed sites are in California (I think the one near Las Vegas is on the California side), Utah, Colorado, Wyoming, South Dakota, Minnesota, and Wisconsin, avoiding the states of Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, and Missouri entirely.

As I said elsewhere, the map still has quite a bit of "what the hell" in it, even in 2015. Nothing is proposed in Erie, PA, which is essential for a large collection of trips. I suppose this could be due to trouble with Penelec (Pennsylvania Energy Deregulation Map – Choose Energy | Choose Energy ), but I can't see any other reason.

> Nothing is proposed in Erie, PA [neroden]

If TM might find a friendlier business climate in NYS (HAH!) they could put the SC just over the line in Ripley, NY. Would mean a few extra miles for I-86 traffic headed toward Corning, but no biggie.
--