Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3P- . What is it, how to order it, etc.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
kinda curious. So you're going to receive a Performance car with the lowered suspension, upgraded brakes, upgraded wheels and upgraded pedals ? What was the cost savings to delete the performance software?

It was the stealth performance with none of those upgrades or track mode. The AWD is already faster than anything I've ever owned and 1.2 seconds faster to 60 than the RWD I got a year ago.
Its a 2k difference. Honestly if the LR RWD was on the lot, I would have taken that today.

I wonder what version of the software includes that performance update? Once we know that, we can track on Teslafi?

One has nothing to do with the other. Performance on/off is just a switch in any version to enable to different acceleration curve and offer certain driver settings (like track mode)- P cars don't get special SW versions that non-Ps don't.

One has nothing to do with the other. Performance on/off is just a switch in any version to enable to different acceleration curve and offer certain driver settings (like track mode)- P cars don't get special SW versions that non-Ps don't.

I would think there would be a different software version for that, but who knows these days. Seems like a lot of money can be made by Tesla to offer this "switch flip" to existing customers....

I wonder what version of the software includes that performance update? Once we know that, we can track on Teslafi?
That’s not how it works. The software supports all models. What they sent @Jwalker9 was an update that told his car that it was now a P. Not new software, but a metadata change. That’s why he became a P without installing a software update.

• Informative
Reactions: jebinc
Has anyone (other than me) with a late build (~6/19) LR AWD tried, via the Tesla app, scheduling a "software update" and putting in the note field a desire to add the performance update? I just did that and it allowed me to schedule a mobile appointment. I also sent a text msg to the person that delivered my LR AWD. I'm sure it just won't happen, but I do expect to get a call at some point. At that point, I will ask many questions... :D

Actual Appointment confirmation

"Hi John,

Your Mobile Service appointment for VIN 5YJ3E1EB9KF39xxxx is confirmed for July 26, 2019.

Your technician is scheduled to arrive between 12:30:00 PM and 2:30:00 PM. The technician will contact you before arrival and will wait for up to 15 minutes before moving onto their next scheduled appointment.

Service Address:
<Redacted>

To modify, reschedule or cancel your appointment use your Tesla Mobile app. Please note that we may not be able to accommodate modifications made 72 hours prior to your appointment.

If you have any questions, visit our Support Pages.

Note: The day of your appointment you may see an update pending for your vehicle. Please do not install that update. This update has been sent by the Service Team and will be used to complete repairs on your Tesla. If you install the update before your appointment, we will have to resend the update to your car which will increase your appointment time depending on connectivity.

Best regards,
The Tesla Team "
You have no idea how anxiously I await your update...

That’s not how it works. The software supports all models. What they sent @Jwalker9 was an update that told his car that it was now a P. Not new software, but a metadata change. That’s why he became a P without installing a software update.

Just took a spin down road at lunch. There is ABSOLUTELY a difference in acceleration since the update! I was shocked! Gave me a head rush! Amazing!

Hmmmmm, do you believe him????

Elon Musk on Twitter
Yes. There’s no motivation for him to mis state or exaggerate in this case. Is rest of statement true? Yes. So why isnt it possible, indeed probable that in May of 18 before P was shipping that they were testing each motor to make sure it could stand up? And why could that not have evolved since? Boy, a lot of people want to re litigate a year old post!

Just took a spin down road at lunch. There is ABSOLUTELY a difference in acceleration since the update! I was shocked! Gave me a head rush! Amazing!

This makes me so happy. I have been waiting for a Red Model 3 AWD LR with white interior for over a month. After stumbling on this thread I called my Tesla adviser to ask about the M3P- and they were able to match me with one (the only one in the country) with the exact configuration I wanted only 6 hours away from where I live (no extra charges). Essentially the performance upgrade brought my price to where it was before the price drop. Wanting to believe that I got a good deal especially with the added acceleration.

This makes me so happy. I have been waiting for a Red Model 3 AWD LR with white interior for over a month. After stumbling on this thread I called my Tesla adviser to ask about the M3P- and they were able to match me with one (the only one in the country) with the exact configuration I wanted only 6 hours away from where I live (no extra charges). Essentially the performance upgrade brought my price to where it was before the price drop. Wanting to believe that I got a good deal especially with the added acceleration.

I wish there was a video of my reaction when I hit it! Giddily smiling and involuntarily said “WOW”! The upgrade is totally worth the thrill.

I would have been all over that had they sent it to the West Coast. We only had Red on Black here.