Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3P 2019 Rear Floor pan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Morning all.

Rear floor micro fibre pan, under the car showing signs of damage etc. torn parts missing.

Has anyone replaced that part with a 3rd party one that is stonger etc. I see some stainless steel ones with sound deadening for sale, anyone tried one, or know of a good UK supplier to replace this part?

Thanks

Morning all.

Rear floor micro fibre pan, under the car showing signs of damage etc. torn parts missing.

Has anyone replaced that part with a 3rd party one that is stonger etc. I see some stainless steel ones with sound deadening for sale, anyone tried one, or know of a good UK supplier to replace this part?

Thanks
In case you are not aware this generally caused by going through deep puddles at speed. The hydraulic pressure can force the water under the lip of the board and rip it off partly or completely.
I believe they cost about £150 to buy from Tesla and looks like a pretty easy DIY job to me if you plan to do it yourself. Just need a Jack, jack pads and a set of sockets.
There was a rumour of an upgraded part coming back in 2019 but not sure if it ever happened.
I don't know about 3rd party ones I am afraid

I think the modified part may have come along before Model 3 hit UK markets. So all UK model 3’s probably have the modified part. There are some tech notes with applicable dates on them around here somewhere which should confirm/disprove this.

I think the modified part may have come along before Model 3 hit UK markets. So all UK model 3’s probably have the modified part. There are some tech notes with applicable dates on them around here somewhere which should confirm/disprove this.
You may be right when I was looking at it in 2019 it was not clear to me if there was a new part coming or if the one I got was it. Either way it was the same as what came on the car and thus was not really upto the job. If we did have the upgraded ones how bad were the originals!

For that water issue all it really needed was some reinforcement on the leading edge and it would be fine. I thought about fitting some but in the end I decided just to not go through massive puddles at 50mph and that worked pretty well.

Thanks for replies, yes I know why it happenens, but I got caught out going through a really deep puddle a few years ago under a bridge in the dark, that has a huge brighrt white LCD display that completly blinds you as you go under the bridge, and I was in the inside lane of a 3 lane underpass, never made that mistake again :( I do recall Tesla updating the part for later cars and I think it was interchangable but want better still, but I think the after market ones might be US side.

I had a look uder the car while it was being MOT'd yes it is just a bolt on item.

The modified part definitely came after UK cars were being delivered, because there were quite a few people ripping theirs up going through puddles. I can't remember when it was added though.. I want to say sometime in 2021.

The modified part definitely came after UK cars were being delivered, because there were quite a few people ripping theirs up going through puddles. I can't remember when it was added though.. I want to say sometime in 2021.
Many early cars did not have the full compliment of unside bolts fitted, ours included - could it have been that? Tesla service said that it was very common.

1694786941948.jpeg

Cue joke about fitter of near side front underside aero cover bolts being regularly off sick…

Many early cars did not have the full compliment of unside bolts fitted, ours included - could it have been that? Tesla service said that it was very common.

View attachment 974020

Cue joke about fitter of near side front underside aero cover bolts being regularly off sick…
That is certainly what I told Tesla when I persuaded them to replace mine for free.
Of course it is possible the bolt "fell out" AFTER the damage occurred. Who could possibly say 🤔

Reactions: MrBadger