Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 Weird Winking @ Other Tesla Owners?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Qbenjamin

Frugal But Classy!
Jan 7, 2017
Bravos
This may seem a bit absurd, but I walked past a Model 3 at my local gym and literally the headlights/LEDs flashed at me? I currently have an X and I did have the fob on me. Other people walked by and it didn't do this at all, so that led me to believe that it detected my fob somehow (I walked by a couple of times to ensure it was only me)?

Maybe this is a known feature and I just haven't seen anyone post about it. Can anyone else confirm? Maybe 2 Tesla household?

Lol, Tesla owners think of some strange stuff. It's borderline conspiracy theory.

As hmmwv pointed out its sentry mode. That had has no idea who you are or what you drive. Its not detecting your fob and doing anything special. Come on guys, use some common sense with this stuff.

• Funny
Reactions: APotatoGod
Lol, Tesla owners think of some strange stuff. It's borderline conspiracy theory.

As hmmwv pointed out its sentry mode. That had has no idea who you are or what you drive. Its not detecting your fob and doing anything special. Come on guys, use some common sense with this stuff.
As I stated in my initial reply, the flashing did NOT occur as several other people walked closely by the car. Maybe Sentry mode was still active from when I passed by, I'm not sure. Common sense isn't something that I lack. I literally waited a few mins after I got in my car to see if it continued flashing, which it did not thereafter as others walked by.