Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 rear door button pushed in - doesn’t work

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi there
I had an unfortunate accident recently whereby I accidentally impacted the rear drivers side door button. The button is physically pushed in and no longer works.
Wondering if anyone has had this issue in the past? I contacted Tesla service and they attended and tried to fix but couldn’t - advised I needed a new door panel
If it wasn’t £350 id just eat it and move on. Wondering if there’s a manual way to fix it that anyone knows of ?

Attachments

• IMG_0705.jpeg
    IMG_0705.jpeg
    470.4 KB · Views: 38
Hi there
I had an unfortunate accident recently whereby I accidentally impacted the rear drivers side door button. The button is physically pushed in and no longer works.
Wondering if anyone has had this issue in the past? I contacted Tesla service and they attended and tried to fix but couldn’t - advised I needed a new door panel
If it wasn’t £350 id just eat it and move on. Wondering if there’s a manual way to fix it that anyone knows of ?
Does it unlock from outside? And what about unlatch doors from the app does that work? If you want to save the £350 just use unlatch door from app when you are inside. And you can child lock the door that side if anyone questions it :)
Btw is it still under warranty?

Yes the car is under warranty but will this be covered by Tesla as it was my fault?
2021 M3 SR+
The door opens fine from outside
Child lock is on so it doesn’t unlatch mid drive
Button doesn’t work to unlatch from inside
Just wondering if there’s a manual fix to pull button out. I’m selling the car so the ROI on £350 is pretty poor 😩