Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 Perfomance new adaptive suspension

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I live in Mexico where there are large and poorly made speed bumps everywhere, and the main reason I prefer the Model S over the 3 is the adaptive suspension that can be raised and lowered. Does this new suspension in the Model 3 Performance allow for that? If not, I will have to wait for the Model Y Performance or treat myself to an S or X.

The new M3 does not have adaptive air suspension like Model S, just adaptive dampers/suspension which will adjust damping for the suspension based on various factors while the Model S has adaptive air suspension which can do more than that like adjusting height of the vehicles

Having said that, it should definitely be a great improvement over the standard suspension in other M3s

Reactions: afadeev
I prefer the Model S over the 3 is the adaptive suspension that can be raised and lowered. Does this new suspension in the Model 3 Performance allow for that? If not,

The full answer to your question is "No the new model 3 performance does not have a suspension that can be raised and lowered". @Technokrat provided more nuance but if you want to be able to "raise and lower" the suspension, no model 3 from the factory does that, including the recently announced performance model.