Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

m3 needs: web browser, roof rack, hitch, lifetime charging, ...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With all the news, it's hard to find status on these long term multiple people requests. I think if you have an S, you'll miss some options. I think I understand these after reading but there's a lot going on. I'm tempted to upgrade to a m3 performance, but I'll miss out on some things. I also am tortured that there will be an upgraded S in the fall - seems like they like to announce big model changes in October, and it is September.
  • roof rack - I have an awd S and I use my roof rack every time I go skiing. I see threads on the issue of roof racks for m3. They must be coming on the 3, right? I saw the thread on this with the mark on the m3 roof. What glass would be required for this?
  • web browser - I can't live without my tesla waze website (Tesla Traffic Incidents and Information), I use it every day driving in traffic around Seattle. I haven't heard anything about web browser on the m3.
  • lifetime supercharging - seems like if you order by Sept 16 you get lifetime charging on a perf m3, maybe with referral and perf upgrade. Did I refer myself when I made a a deposit for an m3 as a previous owner? There have been multiple S deadlines to get lifetime supercharging but then they announce a new opportunity.
  • towing - looks like no towing for m3, even though there was a once upon a time tweet about it from Musk. This would be the killer for me
  • internet access - seems like there's a limited time you get free access. Does this also come with performance upgrades?
  • non-20" wheels on the p3 - on the S, there was lots of discussion that 20" wheels were a mistake, the 19" wheels lasted longer, according to lore and just generally worked out better. I think I wouldn't want 20" wheels on a performance 3, one reason being driving in the snow. But 20" seems to be the only option. Any thoughts on this?

If I was getting all this on a 3, I'd buy the perf package and get it all. Roof rack, web browser, supercharging, towing. Life is hard. Two years till the Y comes and probably has all this. Also trying to guess about an October S/X mid life upgrade.

I agree with roof rack and browser. Actually, browser is a must. I would definitely love to access information on big screen rather than from my cellphone. In that way I dont have to undock my phone from charger unit.

Roof rack is 2nd in my list. I am sure that Tesla is working on it. Looking forward to carry my bike.

There could be more improvements to be done like telemetry information mirrored on seperate iPhone app via bluetooth. I dont know if there is such thing already. That will make great HUD on dashboard for current speed info or odometer etc...