Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 Delivered yesterday - a few questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our SR+ was delivered yesterday direct from Southampton - after all the horror stories on here, it was pretty much ok just some glue on various trim and some panel alignment on rear bumper. Overall loving it though.

Only main issue I have is the steering wheel isn’t centred in a straight line and the front end is constantly wandering, needing small but constant corrections. I don’t remember this from my test drive so guessing it’s probably an alignment issue? I’ve got a ranger booked to look at on 6th Oct to look but is the car prone to this wandering?

TIA

I suggested alignment issue when I logged the fault in the app but it automatically booked a ranger appointment which I thought was strange. Is there a central service phone number I call to avoid wasting everyone’s time or is it online only?
They usually start a txt message conversation with you closer to the appointment. You can also keep adding more info to the entry in the app

Also, I had used a referral code (through lease company though) and I can’t see anything in the app relating to the 1000 free miles. Does this usually show up straight away and where in the app is it listed?

Thanks

I think the only way to tell is to go to a supercharger and charge. Ignore the cost showing on the screen but when you get home log on to your Tesla account and look at the invoice. If the invoice is anything other than 0.00 I would get on to your leasing company and check whether they actually applied the referral.

You could also ask the person who supplied the referral - they will have it showing on their account.

Reactions: Roy W.
Also, I had used a referral code (through lease company though) and I can’t see anything in the app relating to the 1000 free miles. Does this usually show up straight away and where in the app is it listed?

Thanks
It shows in the lootbox in the app. I've used SC miles a few times since pickup last week and it's working well. On day 1 I got >500mph, but over the weekend I found a dodgy charger that would only give 30kw so I've been using that one to save my battery.

If that were the case the car would be throwing a fit about it though. AIUI it will flag up the orange symbol for a relatively small differential in tyre pressures.

Matches my experience. The tyre pressures must have been a bit low when I collected my car last November, as when I went to drive it the next morning the cart flagged it up. The drop in temperature overnight must have been enough to trigger the sensors. All four tyres were down about 4psi IIRC.

An update on this - got a text today saying they have booked the car into Bristol SC on Thursday for the wheel alignment. I also added on a rattling rear door trim to sort whilst there - got text then saying they would need to pre-authorised 30 mins labour in-case these aren't warranty issues? Is this standard operating procedure and has anyone had any problems with them claiming faults/build issues are not warranty issues? I logged the alignment problem as soon as I got home from the first drive so hoping they'll honour it.

An update on this - got a text today saying they have booked the car into Bristol SC on Thursday for the wheel alignment. I also added on a rattling rear door trim to sort whilst there - got text then saying they would need to pre-authorised 30 mins labour in-case these aren't warranty issues? Is this standard operating procedure and has anyone had any problems with them claiming faults/build issues are not warranty issues? I logged the alignment problem as soon as I got home from the first drive so hoping they'll honour it.
Whilst it has been annoying to need many faults fixed, I must say that the Bristol SC have fixed them all so far. No quibbles raised about the issues being not covered under warranty.