Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lugnut replacement suggestions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took my car to the tire shop the other day for a rotation and one of my lugnuts was swollen. They had a really hard time removing it and had to replace it with one that wasn't the correct length (it was all they had). Can you guys help make some recommendations for me as I've never had to buy new lug nuts in my 25 years of owning a car. Not looking for anything fancy, just something that hopefully won't give the tire shop guys a hard time a few years down the road.

I have a 2013 Model S with 19" stock rims if it makes any difference. Color doesn't matter since I'll be 3D printing some new caps anyway.

Thank you!

Same thing happened to me last year. I just replaced them with the new Tesla stock lug nut & cover combo. Was minimal expense, the covers look great and the new design won't swell up like the old ones. Alternatively you can try something like Gorilla Nuts but I found that they have mixed reviews.

Same thing happened to me last year. I just replaced them with the new Tesla stock lug nut & cover combo. Was minimal expense, the covers look great and the new design won't swell up like the old ones. Alternatively you can try something like Gorilla Nuts but I found that they have mixed reviews.
Ok thank you for the input. I just sent Tesla service a message so we'll see how much they charge (I have an open recall I need to take care of anyway). Hopefully your new caps hold up. The black ones I have on now are practically white after baking in the AZ sun.