Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR awd battery 90%

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ngogas

Sep 19, 2018
Utah
normally At 90% I get about 279 in range. The past few months I see this dropping. Today it dropped to fully charge to only 272. Anyone seen this? Thinking of getting a service appointment to have them check it out.
I drove the car to 10% this week and charged in to 90% and still seeing only 272.

normally At 90% I get about 279 in range. The past few months I see this dropping. Today it dropped to fully charge to only 272. Anyone seen this? Thinking of getting a service appointment to have them check it out.
I drove the car to 10% this week and charged in to 90% and still seeing only 272.

Relax. You are over-reacting. Temperature, drive distances, recent driving history all can impact the peak battery number. Buy the app STATS and it will track your battery usage over time.

You could charge it to 100% and stress the battery to get a more “real” peak number. Thx battery will decline a percent over a year. Like all of us, it wears abit.

Your service appointment will likely be just a sympathy note.

Real battery issues I’ve seen in the forums are 20-50% problems.

I get 276 at 90% charge, been that way for months. When I first got the car (late September 2018) it was 279, dropped about 1% a month for the first three months. Since then it's been fairly stable. Sometimes it will stop at 274 or 275, but it always seems to go back up to 276 eventually.

I made a promise to myself when I first ordered the car that I wasn't going to go crazy about the battery - just set the level to 90% and plug in when I'm home. So far I've had zero range anxiety and no need to try and baby the battery. It helps that the most I ever drive before being able to charge is ~120 miles.

Reactions: ngogas

I get 276 at 90% charge, been that way for months. When I first got the car (late September 2018) it was 279, dropped about 1% a month for the first three months. Since then it's been fairly stable. Sometimes it will stop at 274 or 275, but it always seems to go back up to 276 eventually.

I made a promise to myself when I first ordered the car that I wasn't going to go crazy about the battery - just set the level to 90% and plug in when I'm home. So far I've had zero range anxiety and no need to try and baby the battery. It helps that the most I ever drive before being able to charge is ~120 miles.

As someone who charges to 100% 4-5 days/week, every week, and commutes 240 miles for work -- Runt is correct, there is absolutely no need to baby/worry about the battery. I signed up for TeslaFi as soon as I got my car, so I've got all the stats for how the battery is handling things so far (I've put on 15k miles in 4.5 months!) and guess what? Overall there's been ZERO battery degradation. Last week it charged right up to 309 miles at 100%.

This fluctuates however, and it usually completes charging slightly below the 100% line at about ~306 miles. Fully charging and discharging, and then charging back to full, and then repeating this process a couple of times helps the battery cells balance/recalibrate. After doing this it charges right back up to ~310 miles. So, yeah... I wouldn't worry about it. Just drive your car and enjoy it as you would any other car. :)

As someone who charges to 100% 4-5 days/week, every week, and commutes 240 miles for work -- Runt is correct, there is absolutely no need to baby/worry about the battery. I signed up for TeslaFi as soon as I got my car, so I've got all the stats for how the battery is handling things so far (I've put on 15k miles in 4.5 months!) and guess what? Overall there's been ZERO battery degradation. Last week it charged right up to 309 miles at 100%.

This fluctuates however, and it usually completes charging slightly below the 100% line at about ~306 miles. Fully charging and discharging, and then charging back to full, and then repeating this process a couple of times helps the battery cells balance/recalibrate. After doing this it charges right back up to ~310 miles. So, yeah... I wouldn't worry about it. Just drive your car and enjoy it as you would any other car.
:)

how many times did you charge to 100 for recalibrating?

I wonder if Thp3 build was...

Yeah, I worried about that for awhile. My battery is in the August 2018 build. But the problem (as far as I know) is a missing wire linking battery cells. Those batteries are significantly lower that the original 310 mpc. Tesla told me that my battery was not in the recall. I asked them.

Electric vehicles are a learning curve. I drove my wife’s Toyota for the first time in a few months. It was awful. You really get used to the features in a Tesla. I felt quite disconnected from the car and longing for the Tesla display, torque and clear views.

I tell people that owning a Tesla is like moving from a flip phone to a smartphone. It’s terrible to go back!

Reactions: TomB985 and ngogas