Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Loyalty credits?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm sure this has been discussed already, but I couldn't find a clear answer..

Tesla is now offering 15000 credits if I order a new Tesla. Credits are valid for one year.

I see that 5000 credits can buy you 5000km of supercharging, valid for 6 months. What if I buy three of those, do I get 18 months and 15000km?

Then with 1500 credits you can get 500km / 6 months. While this is not so good deal for the price/km, it might make sense if it extends the deal by 6 months? So I could buy 5000km+5000km+500km+500km+500km = 11500km for 30 months. That would be frigging awesome.

I believe you are correct about the credits. I used 1500 credits for 500 miles (US) of supercharging 3 times, to get 1500 miles that expire in 18 months. (edit: I think this extension is limited to 3 years)

Last I checked, using credits for performance boost (I think this is limited to 3 and Y LR) is by far the best deal. credits for premium connectivity is a better deal for me than supercharging (and I'm pretty sure you can buy multiple years of connectivity). But I guess supercharging costs vary.

Do I have to keep my old Tesla in the account to get the 15k credits for buying a new Tesla?
Like for the transfer of Suc Flatrate, there you have to keep both cars at the same time in your account.

Or I just have to buy a new Tesla car with the same account to get the 15k credits?

Do I have to keep my old Tesla in the account to get the 15k credits for buying a new Tesla?
Like for the transfer of Suc Flatrate, there you have to keep both cars at the same time in your account.

Or I just have to buy a new Tesla car with the same account to get the 15k credits?

I'm not 100% sure, but I would assume they remember you even if you have sold the car.

I first paid the 250€ deposit for my new car (MS Plaid demo car), and the 15k appeared as "waiting" in the app. Then I sold my old car, which then disappeared from the app. Then next day I went to pick up the new car.

What's funny, they sent a SMS that there's new regulations that cars must be delivered with only 50% of charge, and they are giving free 150km supercharger credits to compensate. I did receive the credits, but car was still charged to 90%..

The 150km are valid for 6 months, which means that I can now buy 5000km for 5000 credits and it becomes 5150km/12 months ..