Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lower Income model S owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would be putting down a reservation for a 2020 Roadster if my wife didn't blow all our money on organic junk at Whole Foods / Sprouts. :p

All kidding aside, I drove a $14k Mazda 3 until my mid 30's. It was a more important goal to get the garage and be free of debt before the luxury car.

Being strictly honest, there is ALWAYS a better place to put a dollar than into a Tesla (or ANY vehicle really) because it is a depreciating asset.

With that said.. you do need to live a little. If you weren't given money and don't want to be deep in debt for a Tesla you really need to

1.) Save like hell elsewhere ($4 Wendys 4 for 4 Combos).
2.) Work your ass off and when you hit the ceiling at your current job, take a second job or side hustle.

As @McRat said, a person making 50,000 a year could be wealthier than someone making 100,000 a year. It all depends on your spending habits and is the culmination to date of what your previous financial decisions have been.

This has been a pretty interesting thread for me so far, I am glad to see other not 'rich' owners in the 25-35 age range. I am 33 and with my local tesla group the normal age is over 50, there are 3 of us that I know of that are younger owners and of them I think I probably have the lowest income. Even that being the case I am actively searching for my 2nd Tesla to be an all tesla family. I manage my money pretty well so it is doable to be paying on 2 teslas.

This has been a pretty interesting thread for me so far, I am glad to see other not 'rich' owners in the 25-35 age range. I am 33 and with my local tesla group the normal age is over 50, there are 3 of us that I know of that are younger owners and of them I think I probably have the lowest income. Even that being the case I am actively searching for my 2nd Tesla to be an all tesla family. I manage my money pretty well so it is doable to be paying on 2 teslas.

I saw on the Tesla Owners FB group, a dad was gifting his FIFTEEN YEAR OLD a Model 3. The car I drove until 35 is worth less than the options on that Model 3.

Everyone is fortunate and unfortunate to be on different rungs on the ladder of success. Just have to try and climb up whether you are up high or down low the best you can.

• Love
Reactions: FlatSix911