Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Loud wind noise coming from roof on freeway?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not on my 1988 Pontiac Fiero as I mentioned above, it has a lip that the trailing edge of the window pushes into, just like the top.

Tesla service wouldn't or couldn't do anything.
The Fiero is a bad example of everything engineering. Let’s make sure not to use that as a reference anytime.

Show the Tesla service center the video I put up there.

Clearly you don't know much about the Fiero, plus the fact that the window seals are in fact a better design.
B2B95B6B-CF6D-4566-BA74-CF4ADF2BB98A.jpeg

Nuf said

Following a tumultuous year for Tesla including a company relocation helmed by CEO Elon Musk, viral reports of cars on fire and other self-admitted quality control issues, Tesla has plummeted on Consumer Reports’ annual list of most-reliable carmakers.

The electric car manufacturer now ranks 27th out of 28 car brands on Consumer Reports’ list, above only Ford-owned legacy luxury brand Lincoln.

Nuff Said

• Funny
Reactions: enemji
Following a tumultuous year for Tesla including a company relocation helmed by CEO Elon Musk, viral reports of cars on fire and other self-admitted quality control issues, Tesla has plummeted on Consumer Reports’ annual list of most-reliable carmakers.

The electric car manufacturer now ranks 27th out of 28 car brands on Consumer Reports’ list, above only Ford-owned legacy luxury brand Lincoln.

Nuff Said
But see the difference… Fiero went up in flames. Tesla became the Phoenix rising from its own ashes and conquered the auto world.

• Funny
Reactions: JRP3
This is what I was talking about

So on a whim, I tried out this idea of having the window have more pressure against the seal. But instead of taking it to the service center, I instead added a layer of weatherstrip to the existing one. Effectvely this made the glass have a bit more pressure to seal.

Did it work. O yea. With my 2 fixes - One for the roof and the other for the window frame, there is ZERO wind noise now.

@elonmusk should hire me now as a special advisor to help bring changes that make difference without costing an arm or a leg.

So on a whim, I tried out this idea of having the window have more pressure against the seal. But instead of taking it to the service center, I instead added a layer of weatherstrip to the existing one. Effectvely this made the glass have a bit more pressure to seal.

Did it work. O yea. With my 2 fixes - One for the roof and the other for the window frame, there is ZERO wind noise now.

@elonmusk should hire me now as a special advisor to help bring changes that make difference without costing an arm or a leg.

Here is a picture

F37B239A-F7D8-4CBC-9958-DD1C18DA707E.png

Further tests done today.

Earlier going above 75mph would make you uncomfortable just because of the experience created by the sound of turbulent wind.

Today I went 75, then 80, then 85, then 90mph and the wind noise was comparable to my Lexus IS250. The drive felt very confident resulting from a lack of turbulent wind noise.