Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking Forward to the Model 3 Debut

How excited are you about the debut?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Late March comes from the third quarter shareholder letter dated Nov. 3, 2015, which said that the company's "on track to unveil Model 3 in late March 2016."
Yeah, the "late March" I get. My point is simply that it's rather hard to put a specific date on a vague concept. Kinda like if I asked you how many days until "later this week"?

I didn't question the "late March". I questioned how that equates to March 28th? Why not March 27th? Or March 30th?

You guys are all having so much fun with this! My 15 y/o is about to learn to drive in my Tesla and can't imagine anything else to drive. I think it's the screen really that has her all agoggle. Now I have to somehow get her something to tide her over until the 3 comes out...the Prius (-es? -i? ) seem to have the lock in here, but I just don't think I can go back to ICE. Even part-time.

You guys are all having so much fun with this! My 15 y/o is about to learn to drive in my Tesla and can't imagine anything else to drive. I think it's the screen really that has her all agoggle. Now I have to somehow get her something to tide her over until the 3 comes out...the Prius (-es? -i? ) seem to have the lock in here, but I just don't think I can go back to ICE. Even part-time.
I've stated it before, but my opinion is the best "starter car" for a kid just starting out is the Smart ED. Limited range means no road trips. 2 seats means no joyriding with their friends. The members on this board who have them say they're still fun and peppy to drive.

You're going to let a 15 year old get behind the wheel of a P90D ??? Wow, you are BRAVE!

Two suggestions -- put it in valet mode to [slightly] limit the power available, and have the screen up on the 17" with the big red emergency brake button so you can hit it if you need to.

Wow... Brave... Scary!!!!

You're going to let a 15 year old get behind the wheel of a P90D ??? Wow, you are BRAVE!

Two suggestions -- put it in valet mode to [slightly] limit the power available, and have the screen up on the 17" with the big red emergency brake button so you can hit it if you need to.

Wow... Brave... Scary!!!!
HAHA. Well, it is not my first rodeo, and frankly the last daughter had to learn in the MBZ GL63 and that bi-turbo lag was terrible for her to manage. And after babying AP in this one and having to hold her "wheel" through some difficult scenarios, I think I'm ready for a kid again!

I did not know that I could put the Emergency Brake on the big screen. Good info!

And actually, now that I've done my homework I'm looking at the new Volt. She has a commitment 35 miles away a few times a week that I currently drive her to or pay someone to. She needs a range of at least 100 miles for that, so even though the Volt only has 53 pure-electric, at least she won't be stranded. The Smart and Leaf, et al, just don't get here there and back reliably enough. Tesla III cannot come soon enough.

In this particular case, a common EV would actually seem appropriate. Slow and can't go very far. Just what I'd want for my new driving age teenager.

In this particular case, a common EV would actually seem appropriate. Slow and can't go very far. Just what I'd want for my new driving age teenager.

The slow part I totally get.
The low range part I'm not so sure. Teenage reasoning being what it is (and I say this having just regaled colleagues at lunch with some of my own worst teen year automotive tales), I'd be waiting for that call at 2:00 am... "I KNOW it's the middle of nowhere... But I was SURE I'd make it home!"

The slow part I totally get.
The low range part I'm not so sure. Teenage reasoning being what it is (and I say this having just regaled colleagues at lunch with some of my own worst teen year automotive tales), I'd be waiting for that call at 2:00 am... "I KNOW it's the middle of nowhere... But I was SURE I'd make it home!"
Exactly! Plus she has a commitment that is at least a 70 mile r/t with no detours for food, etc. That, in itself, is hard (impossible?) to find in a pure EV other than Tesla.

Anyone knows if reservations will be activated in March for the entire world or only for NA (or the US alone)?

We don't know sh!t, notice my two countdowns.

Since this thread is already beyond silly I heard that reservations will be activated only for forum members who joined by 2010. I'm good then:smile:

Exactly! Plus she has a commitment that is at least a 70 mile r/t with no detours for food, etc. That, in itself, is hard (impossible?) to find in a pure EV other than Tesla.

I think a 2-year Volt lease deal would be perfect for her.

- - - Updated - - -

We don't know sh!t, notice my two countdowns.

This whole thread had me chuckling. This had me flat out LOL.

It can come soon enough for me either. I have already cleared a purchase of a loaded 3 with the wife. Now just need to figure out when the hell I would be able to get it and if I can tolerate my POS ICE until then.