Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking Forward to the Model 3 Debut

How excited are you about the debut?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If, and that's a HUGE "if", the Model 3 appears at the Geneva Auto Show, that would mean that the Hawthorne reveal would likely come the night of Thursday, March 3rd. But I really can't imaging the first auto show the Model 3 shows up at would be in Switzerland. Sorry, I just don't see that being the case, though they might surprise me.

If I remember correctly, Tesla has a history of doing Thursday night launch events. That does narrow it down to one of 5 days. I would imagine that they already know 95% what the 3 will ultimately look like, and they already have a pretty good idea what the various amenities will be. Since the reveal is just something to tide over the waiting public, close will be good enough. With that in mind, I don't think March 3 or March 31st will make a difference to them since it's all just for show at that point anyway.

It'll probably just come down to how Elon's schedule looks in March, nothing more.

As for having "Official" in the thread title, I had a bit of a problem with that, too. It's far from official -- even if we did know when the reveal would be. Which we don't. Plus the statement that the 3 would be in the Geneva auto show, which it probably won't.

So let's break it down:
Official ..........................................................No, it's far from it.
Countdown to the Model 3 Debut ........................You can't count down to a date that's not disclosed.
at the Geneva Auto Show ..................................Probably won't even be there.

Alright, alright, alright. I'd change the title, but I don't think I can. I do appreciate your hypotheses though. I do think we'll know something significant in March, so the countdown continues official or not.

It's acceptable to call it official if no one has done it before and likely no one will do it again. Bingo! We have a winner. Like if I started the "Official I Like To Dip Slim Jims in Skiffy Peanut Butter" thread. No one is going to challenge that! Right? So I say, all yours, buddy! It's official! :-D Have fun. Count away.

Perhaps just add a disclaimer that there is no evidence that the Model 3 will actually be debuted at the Geneva Auto Show. Or a minor title edit -- I say add the word "Unlikely" before "Model 3" -- Official Countdown to the Unlikely Model 3 Debut at the Geneva Auto Show. :p

It's acceptable to call it official if no one has done it before and likely no one will do it again. Bingo! We have a winner. Like if I started the "Official I Like To Dip Slim Jims in Skiffy Peanut Butter" thread. No one is going to challenge that! Right? So I say, all yours, buddy! It's official! :-D Have fun. Count away.

Perhaps just add a disclaimer that there is no evidence that the Model 3 will actually be debuted at the Geneva Auto Show. Or a minor title edit -- I say add the word "Unlikely" before "Model 3" -- Official Countdown to the Unlikely Model 3 Debut at the Geneva Auto Show. :p

I'd be happy to do that, but I can't modify the thread title. I think a mod has to do it and I know they have better things to do with their time.

Well, I'll bet money that Tesla currently has a Model 3 prototype (which may or may not be drive-able) already done. If that's the case, then the North American International Auto Show in Detroit (January 2016) is a better venue to display the prototype. It would STEAL the show.

Well, I'll bet money that Tesla currently has a Model 3 prototype (which may or may not be drive-able) already done. If that's the case, then the North American International Auto Show in Detroit (January 2016) is a better venue to display the prototype. It would STEAL the show.
... and give this Michigander something new to see when he stops by! They didn't even bring the Model X prototype last January. :crying:

The author refutes his own point with this:
It’s true that Tesla has an advantage for now. There are only 12 hydrogen charging stations in the U.S. (two in California) while Tesla owners can use one of 200 supercharging stations. Moreover, Musk’s cars can be charged at home.
...and then never offers a counter-argument.

You can't get hydrogen in the US except for a handful of stations in CA. It won't be ubiquitous for a long time, if ever.

The author refutes his own point with this:

...and then never offers a counter-argument.

You can't get hydrogen in the US except for a handful of stations in CA. It won't be ubiquitous for a long time, if ever.

So, why do you think the major automakers are coming out with so many new hydrogen cars and not full evs? Or are they and he just decided not to write about it?