Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking Forward to the Model 3 Debut

How excited are you about the debut?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Eh. I don't think I ever believed that the March event would be anything more than what the 2012 event was for the Model X (or, for that matter, anything more than what the 2015 NAIAS was for the Bolt). I have no expectations of seeing "everything."
Agreed. The March unveiling of the Model 3 will simply give us a look at the basic visual design of the car and may not even even show close ups of the dash or interior. Elon will talk in a general way about the car and may not tell us much more than he has said before. But just seeing a prototype of the exterior will make the car more "real" in the minds of many people and is worth doing.

Agreed. The March unveiling of the Model 3 will simply give us a look at the basic visual design of the car and may not even even show close ups of the dash or interior. Elon will talk in a general way about the car and may not tell us much more than he has said before. But just seeing a prototype of the exterior will make the car more "real" in the minds of many people and is worth doing.

I'm sure they will show a drivable prototype. However the main thing to remember with Tesla, and they've proven it many times so far, is that the exterior of the production cars don't change very much from the prototypes but their interiors change a lot.

At this point, as much as I want to be able to get a Model 3 in 2019, I care much more about Tesla getting the X ramped, getting Powerwall and Powerpack ramped up, and getting Gigafactory 1/5 going. My concern isn't so much when the Model 3 will be produced, but whether Tesla will survive long enough to build it. Of course, if lots of other excited people are willing to lay down $5B in reservations that'd help a lot, but I'm not expecting that.

At this point I think everyone is pretty confident Tesla can make an excellent Model 3 (with or without autopilot, supercharging, etc...).

What we all really want to see is: How does it LOOK?

So I'm good with a partial reveal in March. We know Tesla can make it work and drive beautifully. Just want to make sure we want to see ourselves in it!:cool:

What we all really want to see is: How does it LOOK?
This question translates into "Who is the prime designer?"
I guess it is still Franz so I can sleep peacefully without actually seeing the thing.

I am on record saying X will look bad based on prototype pics.
I must confess I see good design even though I just don't dig SUVs.
I have zero doubt the 3 coupe will look just awesome.

This question translates into "Who is the prime designer?"
I guess it is still Franz so I can sleep peacefully without actually seeing the thing.

I am on record saying X will look bad based on prototype pics.
I must confess I see good design even though I just don't dig SUVs.
I have zero doubt the 3 coupe will look just awesome.

I have zero doubt we'll see the 3 in 31/56 days.

I saw this on a Tesla Facebook page today, supposedly taken at the Tilburg factory. If it isn't the 3, does anybody know what it is?

63d79cf8b4824ca0bc46664c15a2837d.jpg

I bet it is this exact car:
CTX1.png

Tesla Model S Saleen with Modesta PD Private Coating - YouTube

CTX2.png

Tesla Model S -Saleen foto's Autojunk.nl (155573)

Last edited: