Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Live Traffic info not integrated to GPS/Google Maps?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the annual shareholders meeting Elon said they're going to do the traffic stuff with Tesla to Tesla communications (he said "Like Waze") but that they will also use 20 million secondary data sources. Priority would be give to data provided from Tesla. Not great in low Tesla count areas, but hopefully those 20M other data sources are decent. The car to car communication bit was news to me and opens up all sorts of cool possibilities.

Source:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAeetyfnHfk&list=WL&index=6
Features at 13:07-15:49

Yeah, I had seen that.. I don't need Waze or car-to-car communications.. I just need good traffic info -- which Google already has -- and which already available in the Model S via google maps -- I just want the on-board GPS to take the live traffic info into consideration in order to (a) keep the ETA correct/current based on traffic, and/or (2) offer alternate routing to avoid big traffic jams. My 5 year old GARMIN does this really, really, well, without Waze or car-to-car communications.