Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lifted Model 3 questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm planning to lift my RWD LFP Model 3 with either MPP or TSportline lift kit, currently on Tein Flex Z coilovers. Not going to offroad, obviously, but car goes to my wife and need some peace of mind with higher road clearance and bad ass look, lol.
What tire size I should get to make it look better? 235/50 R18? or 245/45 R18 is enough?
Also, should I keep my Tein coilovers, raise them to highest setting and put lift kit or just get factory struts/springs back and lift it? I also have rear camber arms, so no problem there.
Any pics you guys can share as even google image search doesn't bring many

I'd call MPP and see what they suggest. They'll tell you what other parts may be of use in that application too.

I'd get the aluminum skidplates in the meantime. Maybe some RallyArmor mud flaps, some off road tires... complete the rally looks. Something along the lines of the Porsche 911 Dakar, or Audi All-road.

Reactions: Loco_Nomad
I'd call MPP and see what they suggest. They'll tell you what other parts may be of use in that application too.

I'd get the aluminum skidplates in the meantime. Maybe some RallyArmor mud flaps, some off road tires... complete the rally looks. Something along the lines of the Porsche 911 Dakar, or Audi All-road.
I have skiguard roof box coming in soon and mud flaps for sure, just need to sort out tire size now. RIP Efficiency lol

After looking into this more, I'd definitely go with the MPP kit.
To add to your questions though...
The model 3 OEM suspension has its issues, and I keep hearing part of it is because it's riding at or near the bumpstops. Would raising it up in this fashion let the OEM shocks work as they should and give a more compliant ride? Or will it still suck? 🤔