Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LDA Warning Mode Doesn’t Work

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have searched the forum, but couldn’t find answer for my question. Sorry if I missed it. Took my M3RWD from delivery a week ago. Yesterday I tried to test LDA system. Highway with clear markings. Speed 100-110 km/h (60-65mph). Warning mode. I don’t like to steer the car for me especially on our windy roads , but warning will be nice to have Tried to slowly drift to right side of the lane no turning signal. Cross the lane, nothing happened. The lane markings on display stayed white and no vibrations on the steering wheel. When I switched to “assist” mode, tried to do the same. Immediately when I reached edge of the lane, the marking on display turned blue and corrective steering applied. Tried to find the answer in the manual, but couldn’t find it. What I am doing wrong?

I find that it doesn't always warn me on 2 lanes bi-directional roads, as least not as consistently as multilane same directional highways. Also seem not to warn me if I'm headed towards the edge of the road at a fairly sharp angle or too quickly, or if any significant torque is detected on the steering wheel. If the car have reasons to think that the driver is going to cross the line on purpose, it won't issue a warning/assist.