Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest Tesla Motors-Related News (Feel Free To Post Here)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interviewed by Alan from New York Times

Just interviewed by Alan from New York Times. Nice lad, probably like Tesla as much as we do. We had a long chat and exchanged some really intriguing info. Of course, how can our conversations not involve Mark and his contributions to this community?

He's doing a write up on the possible impact of a FRT non-extension could have on Tesla orders in Hong Kong. If he ever approaches you, do offer your best help.

Hong Kong Tesla Model S Pricing

Thanks to markwj and DIT from other threads, we now know that the Hong Kong Pricing is out!!!

The good news is: it's a fair price, I agree with markwj.
The bad news is: your order will be automatically confirmed on 23rd Feb 2014 (the Hong Kong government is yet to discuss the FRT extension), and from then onwards, your deposit cannot be refund.

DIT also mentioned that HSBC and Hang Seng Bank are uninterested in offering financing...

Capture.PNG

Go to the Design Studio to check out the prices of individual features.

http://www.teslamotors.com/en_HK/models/design

Hi lx3h, wondering where to say our orders will automatically confirmed on 23rd Feb 2014? Could you please share the source? Sorry i did search a bit around but cannot find. Thanks! :)

Thanks to markwj and DIT from other threads, we now know that the Hong Kong Pricing is out!!!

The good news is: it's a fair price, I agree with markwj.
The bad news is: your order will be automatically confirmed on 23rd Feb 2014 (the Hong Kong government is yet to discuss the FRT extension), and from then onwards, your deposit cannot be refund.

DIT also mentioned that HSBC and Hang Seng Bank are uninterested in offering financing...

View attachment 42990
Go to the Design Studio to check out the prices of individual features.

http://www.teslamotors.com/en_HK/models/design

Sorry, Tesla Motors, but I am not confirming ANYthing until I know the price. YES, that does include FRT or not. If I have to pay full FRT then there is no way I am going to get this car.

I am happy to help promote cleaner air in HK, being one of first movers to show the way, but since electric cars are still less mass produced and more expensive pr unit, the market needs to be helped to get up and going.

I logged in to have a look but didn't yet order anything.

Sorry, Tesla Motors, but I am not confirming ANYthing until I know the price. YES, that does include FRT or not. If I have to pay full FRT then there is no way I am going to get this car.

I am happy to help promote cleaner air in HK, being one of first movers to show the way, but since electric cars are still less mass produced and more expensive pr unit, the market needs to be helped to get up and going.

I logged in to have a look but didn't yet order anything.

Seems like your order will be confirmed automatically anyway by 23rd Feb.

He asked me too, will comply and be interviewed if we can find time to meet.

Just interviewed by Alan from New York Times. Nice lad, probably like Tesla as much as we do. We had a long chat and exchanged some really intriguing info. Of course, how can our conversations not involve Mark and his contributions to this community?

He's doing a write up on the possible impact of a FRT non-extension could have on Tesla orders in Hong Kong. If he ever approaches you, do offer your best help.

- - - Updated - - -

Seems like your order will be confirmed automatically anyway by 23rd Feb.

I didn't finalise it yet, and the email I got doesn't say so - just that I will be contacted shortly to finalise my order.

If there is any way to lock in the FRT, I would be happy to sign tomorrow. Eh, well, after I secure financing. Things are moving pretty quickly all of a sudden, after an eternity of standstill.

SCMP: Tesla announces Hong Kong prices for its Model S electric car

Not so new this news, but see if we can get anything out of it.

http://www.scmp.com/lifestyle/motor...ces-hong-kong-prices-its-model-s-electric-car

"Tesla’s Hong Kong prices are substantially cheaper than what it has announced for the mainland China market. "

“To treat our customers in Hong Kong as fairly as possible, we are offering the Model S at the same retail price that customers in the US pay, adding only unavoidable transportation costs, and applying the current market exchange rate, said Jerome Guillen, Vice President of Tesla’s international sales and service department.

Pre-orders for the Model S in Hong Kong exceeded 300 last July - a figure that surpasses the number of electric cars currently on city streets.FRT is not mentioned here but sounds like Tesla knows something good will happen.

I've also talked to a Tesla staff who said that the government has verbally agreed to extend the FRT waiver!!!! But let's not trust rumours for now, patience is needed.

So it's confirmed we will not get 4g in hk?

I am just saying Model S comes with 3G because I saw several videos on YouTube and they are all on 3G network. Whether Tesla will make this an exception for Hong Kong is a question, but I'm guessing HK Model S will still be 3G because 4G LTE bands differ from country to country. Just look at the smartphones and you'll know. That is of course, still possible that we get 4G LTE in Hong Kong, but only if the hardware is multi-band capable.

Maybe

Maybe better luck trying to sell in Mong Kok? But, must be white colour and lowest capacity to make most money ;-)

What if ticket 7x is going to be in the same batch of delivery as the 3xx? Since the numbers are not sorted I believe, meaning that, jokingly maybe, 71-399 are all Signature models and get their Model S first? Then someone is paying HK$180k for nothing.

-

- - - Updated - - -

Again, olds, not news, because if Musk is going to sell Tesla, he would have done it long time ago. Of course it is about the money, but like Tony Stark (Iron Man 3) says, "Everybody needs a hobby", Musk also needs a hobby too and Tesla is as challenging a hobby as making money. Plus, Tesla is more than a company, Tesla is a belief that they can make the world a better place to live for our future generations.

Man with belief don't give up that easily.

http://blogs.marketwatch.com/thetel...t-meeting-with-tesla-san-francisco-chronicle/

Hi lx3h, wondering where to say our orders will automatically confirmed on 23rd Feb 2014? Could you please share the source? Sorry i did search a bit around but cannot find. Thanks! :)

We think that is because he confirmed the order on the website. When you confirm, you get 14 days before the order is locked for production and can't be changed. Those users who haven't confirmed (myself included ) don't seem to have gotten any 23rd Feb deadline eMail.

That said, the date to confirm order (not to lose your place, and not to lose the 2012 reservationist $17k price increase shield) must be coming soon. I'm working out my config and getting ready to confirm on 26th!

We think that is because he confirmed the order on the website. When you confirm, you get 14 days before the order is locked for production and can't be changed. Those users who haven't confirmed (myself included ) don't seem to have gotten any 23rd Feb deadline eMail.

That said, the date to confirm order (not to lose your place, and not to lose the 2012 reservationist $17k price increase shield) must be coming soon. I'm working out my config and getting ready to confirm on 26th!

Yes, I wrote to Tesla and they are helping me to put it on hold until 27th. I do hope the rear facing seats can be added as an option by then.