Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Largest gaps between Superchargers on US Interstates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Splitter! On I-40, Kodak, TN will split 117.4 miles, 25.3 miles from Knoxville - Brookview Centre Way, TN, 92.7 miles to Asheville, NC.

This has now opened as Sevierville, TN.

Splitter! On I-26, Spartanburg, SC splits 138.3 miles, 56.5 from Asheville - Thetford St, NC, 84 miles to Columbia - Harbison Blvd, SC.
It's currently #11 on the gap list.

Spartanburg is now open. At time of opening it was #10 on the gap list.

#25 is now I-69 121.1 miles from Indianapolis, IN to Fort Wayne - Illinois Rd, IN. Gas City, IN would be a wonderfully-named splitter.

Splitter!

On I-90, St. Regis, MT splits 109.3 miles, 95.9 miles from Coeur d'Alene, ID and 13.9 miles to Superior, MT.

St. Regis, MT is now open.

Splitter!

On I-25 splits 124.2 miles, 40.5 miles from Las Vegas, NM and 84 miles to Trinidad, CO.
This is the #21 gap.
The gap is also pathetically split by Raton, NM. These two locations are both at Conoco gas stations, presumably owned by the same person/company.

Reactions: bruce4000 and KJD

Splitter! On I-75 splits 101.3 miles, 11.3 miles from Knoxville - Brookview Centre Way, TN, 91.2 miles to London, KY

One I'd missed from October

Pathetic Splitter!

On I-24, splits 108.4 miles, 104 miles from Kuttaway, KY, 7.6 from miles Nashville, TN. With the diversion and Nashville, TN having 24 stalls I'd expect this wouldn't be frequently used by people passing through on I-24 anyway.

Splitter!

Splitter! On I-65, splits 130.4 miles, 37.9 miles from Greenville, AL, 93.6 miles to Mountain Brook, AL. This gap is #16 on the list.
(It was #13 splitting to Birmingham, AL but I've changed to have Mountain Brook, AL replace Birmingham on I-65 since close ends up using the same exits and is v3 rather than v2.)

2023 Q3 Supercharger Voting is available ...

Vote Seligman, AZ! It's 147.9 miles from Kingman, AZ to Flagstaff, AZ (and 153.9 miles between the V3 versions). It's the #7 gap. Seligman, AZ would split this gap, and it's the largest US Interstate gap in the contiguous 48 in the voting.

Vote Shelby, MT! That's 118.9 miles to the end of I-15, and 132.4 mi to Milk River, AB. Plus, it's on US-2!

I also voted for:
- Rockland, ME. The only option in Maine. On US-1 in Maine. I don't have a Tesla but I know Tesla owners can be frustrated by the lack of a Supercharger in Midcoast Maine.
- New Glasgow, NS: I could have voted for Auld's Cave, NS as well, but I figured let's not be greedy and get the next spot on the route to Cape Breton built.
- Waycross, GA: A Supercharger nerd's dream hole-filler. It's in the middle of the empty I-16/I-95/I-10/I-75 quadrilateral on 4 US Numbered Highways (US-1, US-23, US-82, US-84). Not only that, but it's in the only large gap on US-1, which is the only large gap on US-1 south of Maine.

Last edited:
Reactions: Baluchi
2023 Q3 Supercharger Voting is available ...

Vote Seligman, AZ! It's 147.9 miles from Kingman, AZ to Flagstaff, AZ (and 153.9 miles between the V3 versions). It's the #7 gap. Seligman, AZ would split this gap, and it's the largest US Interstate gap in the contiguous 48 in the voting.

Vote Shelby, MT! That's 118.9 miles to the end of I-15, and 132.4 mi to Milk River, AB. Plus, it's on US-2!

I also voted for:
- Rockland, ME. The only option in Maine. On US-1 in Maine. I don't have a Tesla but I know Tesla owners can be frustrated by the lack of a Supercharger in Midcoast Maine.
- New Glasgow, NS: I could have voted for Auld's Cave, NS as well, but I figured let's not be greedy and get the next spot on the route to Cape Breton built.
- Waycross, GA: A Supercharger nerd's dream hole-filler. It's in the middle of the empty I-16/I-95/I-10/I-75 quadrilateral on 4 US Numbered Highways (US-1, US-23, US-82, US-84). Not only that, but it's in the only large gap on US-1, which is the only large gap on US-1 south of Maine.

Seligman is a fun place to stop with some Historic Route 66 stuff to do. (E.g., Road Kill Cafe, Delgadillo's Gift Shop, etc.)

Of note, Tesla listed Whitehorse and Watson Lake in the Yukon. And four locations around rural Alaska. Little by little, the AlCan will get covered by DCFC.

Unfortunately two places that I've really needed Superchargers over the past year, Kona and Hilo on the Big Island in Hawaii, are not voting options. So I will make suggestions for them (again).

One I'd missed from October

Pathetic Splitter!

On I-24, splits 108.4 miles, 104 miles from Kuttaway, KY, 7.6 from miles Nashville, TN. With the diversion and Nashville, TN having 24 stalls I'd expect this wouldn't be frequently used by people passing through on I-24 anyway.

This is now open, so now ...

Splitter!

Maybe near-perfect Splitter! On I-24 will split 104 miles, 56.3 miles from Kuttawa, KY, 48.8 miles to Nashville - 11th Ave N, TN
However, this site isn't fully confirmed, as Buc-ee's had submitted a site plan to Clarksville, but it hadn't been approved, and Buc-ee's hadn't purchased the land yet.

Another missed Pathetic Splitter that is already open!

On I-69, splits 108.9 miles, 100.7 miles from Kuttawa, KY, 13.8 miles to Haubstadt - Ruffian Way, IN.

Of the top 25 gaps:
10 in Permit status, of which 6 are Pathetic
5 in Construction status, of which 2 are Pathetic
10 remain without prospective splits

69 Gaps 100 miles or above remain.
20 in Permit status, 7 Pathetic
8 in Construction status, 4 Pathetic
41 remain without prospective splits

The relatively high Pathetic count is in part because of the Montana deal with Town Pump, in which Tesla is "replacing" old, low-count v2 locations with larger with v3, mostly in the same town/city.

Splitter!

On I-40, Milan, NM splits 145.8 miles, 63.4 miles from Gallup, NM, 82.9 miles to Albuquerque, NM. This is #8 on the list.

The thread is Grants, NM because that's what Tesla had on its findus. Milan, NM is a few miles northwest of Grants, NM.

Milan, NM is now open.

#25 is now I-10 Van Horn - W Broadway St, TX to Fort Stockton, TX, 120.7 miles. Balmorhea, TX looks like the largest place in between and it's not very big.

Reactions: bruce4000