Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lane Change - Autopilot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

I have been used Autopilot on dual carriage ways all week since I got my Model 3H last Saturday, other than the phantom braking and also trying to put me through the windscreen because someone was doing an illegal u-turn through the central reservation I have found it to be quite good.

I have noticed when I indicate to change lanes, the car changes lane with the autopilot asking for you to turn slightly and then picks up the new lane and autopilot carries on. I always thought that this was only on the Enhanced Autopilot which I do not have?

Any thoughts, maybe I have missed an update or something.

Hi All,

I have been used Autopilot on dual carriage ways all week since I got my Model 3H last Saturday, other than the phantom braking and also trying to put me through the windscreen because someone was doing an illegal u-turn through the central reservation I have found it to be quite good.

I have noticed when I indicate to change lanes, the car changes lane with the autopilot asking for you to turn slightly and then picks up the new lane and autopilot carries on. I always thought that this was only on the Enhanced Autopilot which I do not have?

Any thoughts, maybe I have missed an update or something.
Ignore me, I have the 3 months Enhanced Autopilot trial.

Anyone any idea how to get an EAP trial on an old car? I'd dearly like to try it (especially next week when I have a return trip to the south coast scheduled), but no Bueno from tesla ever. I didn't get the option a few years back when some did either.
Is there not a 48 hour option to cancel the purchase? There used to be - check your app for upgrade options.

Edit: Found it:
Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 23.28.08.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Avendit
Anyone any idea how to get an EAP trial on an old car? I'd dearly like to try it (especially next week when I have a return trip to the south coast scheduled), but no Bueno from tesla ever. I didn't get the option a few years back when some did either.
I remember many of us on here got a 2 or 3 week free trial a couple of years ago. IIRC the overwhelming consensus was that it convinced us not to bother with it. Certainly not worth the 3400 asked for at the time.

I remember many of us on here got a 2 or 3 week free trial a couple of years ago. IIRC the overwhelming consensus was that it convinced us not to bother with it. Certainly not worth the 3400 asked for at the time.
Yea. I didn't get that offered for no particular reason. I assume this is why they won't lett me have a trial now tho. But if the Highlands are coming with a trial, maybe they think it's improved enough?

But if the Highlands are coming with a trial, maybe they think it's improved enough?

Have they reinstated ‘auto park’ and summon yet that is still available on USS cars? Otherwise in its current form for newly delivered vehicles, EAP is only auto lane change/NoA.

Not that I ever used auto park in anger (far too slow/easily spooked by a moving car in the distance) and only once found summon useful to have. Auto lane change nice on a good day/excuse to change underwear on a bad one.

Yeah.. EAP is 3400.. or S3XY buttons is 204GBP (+ tax probably)

tumblr_onk38sNYnF1s9a9yjo1_400.gif

Not the same thing though? Auto lane change will silently automatically change lanes (unless it freaks out on you part way through), but doesn’t sexy buttons just automatically re-engage AP at end of a manual lane change and after all the bing-bongs that everyone gets frustrated about.

If you still get the annoying bing-bongs, I’m not sure what significant benefit it brings to lane change other than avoiding a flick of a stalk or push of a button.

Not the same thing though? Auto lane change will silently automatically change lanes (unless it freaks out on you part way through), but doesn’t sexy buttons just automatically re-engage AP at end of a manual lane change and after all the bing-bongs that everyone gets frustrated about.

If you still get the annoying bing-bongs, I’m not sure what significant benefit it brings to lane change other than avoiding a flick of a stalk or push of a button.
yeah.. but like less than 10% of cost ;)

(USS M3) Autopark is a good way to hold up traffic in a supermarket carpark. It needs 2 or 3 corrections when I could have just got it straight in. The guidance lines on the reversing camera are super easy to use... Parallel park is also pretty slow, but I guess at least there is some skill to a parallel park...
I've never really got summon to work well on my android phone.

Good comments here but seem to be mostly EAP users or Highland. Anyone satisfied with plain Jane AP? I have used it constantly, of course only on freeways but without any problems beyond a few Phantom Braking incidents which I've gotten used to handling. I see no reason to get EAP at least until V12 FSD comes and includes single stack AP. The price of EAP (and maybe FSD) may come down a bit but EAP will likely drop to around $2,000 to $3,000 (just my WAG). That's still too much just to get Auto Lane Change and definitely not the mostly toy ASS and AutoPark.

Good comments here but seem to be mostly EAP users or Highland. Anyone satisfied with plain Jane AP? I have used it constantly, of course only on freeways but without any problems beyond a few Phantom Braking incidents which I've gotten used to handling. I see no reason to get EAP at least until V12 FSD comes and includes single stack AP. The price of EAP (and maybe FSD) may come down a bit but EAP will likely drop to around $2,000 to $3,000 (just my WAG). That's still too much just to get Auto Lane Change and definitely not the mostly toy ASS and AutoPark.
You've wandered into the UK forums. We've got different roads, software stacks, laws and AP pricing, so our experiences are likely to be very different to yours

Reactions: tevman