Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Key ring

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

M3noob

Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2019
Beyond the pale
I just got my "key" ring from Cnick in Georgia (not the one in the US, the other one). www.teslaring.com

It works just like a new key card, no trouble with installation. Nice looking. I opted to not have the T logo on macasar ebony.

It arrived via Dubai and HMRC hit me for VAT, duty and handling charge so it winds up costing a significant bit more than the $99 purchase price.

It's waterproof so no need to take it off when you wash your hands :)

IMAG1533.jpg

I just got my "key" ring from Cnick in Georgia (not the one in the US, the other one). www.teslaring.com

It works just like a new key card, no trouble with installation. Nice looking. I opted to not have the T logo on macasar ebony.

It arrived via Dubai and HMRC hit me for VAT, duty and handling charge so it winds up costing a significant bit more than the $99 purchase price.

It's waterproof so no need to take it off when you wash your hands :)

View attachment 530249
Very nice.

I do spend all day attached to a keyboard though so hate rings as they clatter off the keyboard and or desk.

Would love an implant option though if I could find someone willing to do it.

I've been wearing mine for 10 months now, already the wood's waterproof transparent finish is showing lots of wear and tear - no longer fully waterproof. I knew this was a risk, but I am disappointed in the toughness.

Some of this is on the outside, just catching the ring on things in everyday life.

Some is on the inside as for a month or so I tried wearing it next to my slightly smaller metal wedding ring. Bad idea, they rubbed and the Cnick wood ring suffered.

I still struggle to get the ring to unlock the car without taking it off my finger, so personally I think it was a mistake and I should have spent a little more on the official remote fob. Is see Cnick now have some ceramic rings which might be tougher?