Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

K-MTG (Captain Sunshade) - Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is this metal thing suppose to be their?
That does not belong there. Maybe it bent down when panel was installed?

Attachments

• IMG_7352.JPG
    IMG_7352.JPG
    19.3 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_7359.JPG
    IMG_7359.JPG
    18.6 KB · Views: 81
How do you adjust the brightness my ambient lights are fairly dim
Welcome to Tesla lighting. There's no brightness adjust at this time. Please also try to see anything at night inside the back of the car with the liftgate "light".

It has improved about 3% from my 2014 Model S. So on a scale of 1 to 10, Model S gets a 1. Model X gets a 1.03.

Welcome to Tesla lighting. There's no brightness adjust at this time. Please also try to see anything at night inside the back of the car with the liftgate "light".

It has improved about 3% from my 2014 Model S. So on a scale of 1 to 10, Model S gets a 1. Model X gets a 1.03.

Lol! They have led an upgrade kit available online. It's a plug and play situation with just the led "bulb" change I think. Ssq linked me on this.

DIY Tesla Model S and X Ultra-Bright LED Interior Light Kit

• Informative
Reactions: KKelly and halg
Have to say the ambient LED lighting in the X is pretty disappointing. My almost 3 year old Ford has far superior ambient LED lighting in the footwells, cup holders, and other areas. I can adjust the brightness and I can even set the color.... Red, green, blue, purple, orange, etc.. I'm often a fan of simple and understated design, but the ambient lighting in the X feels more like an afterthought where they said -- Hey, let's stick an LED under there.

Just got back from the SC, they have to replace the motors in the passenger door next week, as it is the cause of the body mis-match. Will also have all of the other issues resolved next week that I mentioned previously. Overall the car is good, hopefully once I get the issues resolved next week no more issues will occur. Service will be done at Buena Park as Costa Mesa is booked until July. Surprised that you have to wait over a month for service, this is Tesla's wonderful service apparently.