Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just received my new car without ultrasonic sensors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup. Also won’t miss $70k for a car which can fart and do light shows. But can’t tell if it’s about to hit a wall.

(Hah. Figured the reply).

(And trust me, I wish the situation was different and I think it will improve next year)
Yet, you Don’t Own a Tesla! Lol You are simply on the forum to create negative FUD stories. Your contributions are equal to your credibility.

Reactions: Mosun
Yet, you Don’t Own a Tesla! Lol You are simply on the forum to create negative FUD stories. Your contributions are equal to your credibility.
Thanks. Sorry to call you out but it’s good to be transparent. All perspectives should be welcome if people want a fair discussion.

Btw. Just fyi, my family already has a M3 and a MX. I also have a MY already ordered with EDD this month (prior to placing a hold). I’ve also been a shareholder for over 5 years. So I do want the company to do well and its products to be top notch. I’m just a bit more objective about things.

Glad you’re happy with your vehicle btw.

Last edited:
I got my model3 delivered in november. I am also very disappointed to not see park assist chimes anymore. I had those in my previous model3 from 2019. From this thread, I understand the feature has been dropped by Tesla. Is there an alternative feature for it ?

I got my model3 delivered in november. I am also very disappointed to not see park assist chimes anymore. I had those in my previous model3 from 2019. From this thread, I understand the feature has been dropped by Tesla. Is there an alternative feature for it ?

Here is the official announcement from Tesla:

Like with the removal of radar, they are planning to replace the USS features with similar features using Tesla-Vision.

I honestly use this feature way more than any other high tech stuff. Twice on any drive!
Funny, started to really drive the MY around now that we've sold the car it replaced over the weekend. Went out to dinner, parked at a regular parking structure and had to legit tell my wife to go outside and check how far the front is from the wall, lmao. The nostalgia of it all.

Edit: I don't have EAP or FSD, just basic b AP on a non USS 23 MYLR

Did I say emergency features are removed? I believe I said many EAP features.
Apologies, you’re right. I’ve developed a bit of a twitch reflex due to the number of posts that massively overstate the impact of removal of the USS.

If it’s any consolation according to this forum most those other features don’t work anyway so we’re not missing anything!

Reactions: Mike7564
Apologies, you’re right. I’ve developed a bit of a twitch reflex due to the number of posts that massively overstate the impact of removal of the USS.

If it’s any consolation according to this forum most those other features don’t work anyway so we’re not missing anything!
I developed a twitch to the complacency of being OK with being sold on featurea that "don't work anyway"

Its a $30K car to produce. The markups account for an extra $20k~$40k. How much of that has been nerfed false promises or completely turned off in the last year?

Reactions: Boza and Mike7564
Funny, started to really drive the MY around now that we've sold the car it replaced over the weekend. Went out to dinner, parked at a regular parking structure and had to legit tell my wife to go outside and check how far the front is from the wall, lmao. The nostalgia of it all.

Edit: I don't have EAP or FSD, just basic b AP on a non USS 23 MYLR
so there is no beeping or anything you can see from the cameras to tell how close you are?? The Tesla advisors were telling me that it still beeps using vision? could they be lying??

so there is no beeping or anything you can see from the cameras to tell how close you are?? The Tesla advisors were telling me that it still beeps using vision? could they be lying??
Negative, no beeps. The screen is also all greyed out around the car, lol. It's just like old school driving. Of course this is me driving into a spot, not reversing into said spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.