Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just ordered a Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

.FP.

May 13, 2020
NY
Hi all, first of all, thanks for all the help so far. The feedback and information I was able to learn from everyone is greatly appreciated.
I am buying a used Model S 100D through Tesla and had a few questions I was hoping you experienced folks can help answer.
1. Has anyone's delivery fee exceeded $2000? Their wording seems to indicate the fee could be up to $2000, but should not be more than that. It currently shows delivery from CA to NY is going to cost me $2,500. Also, has anyone been able to lower that cost by agreeing to pick up a location further away from their home?
2. I read the limited used car warranty 7-8 billion times at this point and still can't figure out whether Roadside Assistance is included or not. Can anyone shed some light?
3. Have all 100D cars been uncorked for more performance? Were some not eligible? I've read a few threads on it and it seemed that all 100D's were eligible even though some people were denied initially by their service center. There also seemed to be 2 different upgrades, one that lowered acceleration from 4.2 to 4.1 and one that took it to about 3.7 or so.
Mine has a 3/17 production date, what number should I expect?

P.S. I did email these (and other questions) to my sales advisor, but from what I've seen, you guys can be very insightful.

Thank you!

Reactions: Darmie
All 100Ds are 4.1s 0 to 60mph. Some get faster or slower depending on many factors but 3.7s listed is only Raven I think.

No uncork they already are uncorked from the factory.
Thanks for the reply, I appreciate your input on these boards. I’m referring partially to info from these links (I know it’s not anything official) But they’re from 2017 and 2018, so we know they’re referring to pre-raven 100d’s.
Uncorked 100D beats P100D in sports mode | Tesla
Tesla unlocks even more power in Model S 100D, 0-60 mph now down to 3.6 seconds - Electrek

Welcome to the used purchase (and wait) club! I put down my $100 on a 2016 75D on the 15th and I’m grateful to be scheduled for pickup on Saturday (I’m in MD and the car was in IL). What I can tell you is that Tesla has moved to variable pricing on shipping; when I started working on this about 9 months ago, it was a flat $2000 fee, but I’m paying only $500.

Good luck, enjoy, and keep us all posted!

Welcome to the used purchase (and wait) club! I put down my $100 on a 2016 75D on the 15th and I’m grateful to be scheduled for pickup on Saturday (I’m in MD and the car was in IL). What I can tell you is that Tesla has moved to variable pricing on shipping; when I started working on this about 9 months ago, it was a flat $2000 fee, but I’m paying only $500.

Good luck, enjoy, and keep us all posted!
Thanks! Lucky you with the shipping. And that's not too long of a wait. I am told to expect about a month wait, and that is going to be tough.

Contact them and ask if they will lower the price to match the new price.
If they don't, just cancel that order and make a new one.

I have, and no problem with reducing the price although they sensibly advised me that I would lose the free Supercharging. They all suggested I have a look at the inventory as they retain the free Supercharging and benefit from the price reduction.

I’m sticking with the custom order minus the free Supercharging as that’s not worth anything like £4K to me.

Reactions: T.R.T.e.s.l.a.
1) I paid $2500 from Dallas to Seattle last year. You can always choose to fly to the service center it’s closest to and drive it back. Tho with corona. That would be a rough drive.
2)roadside is included with used until the warranty expires. Have used it a few times.

with corona that would be a peaceful drive. cannonball record has been beaten by 4 different groups these 2 months because of the empty streets