Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

just installed FSD - now my car has a new beep when in a parking spot or randomly on the road

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I got the new FSD computer installed on Monday (2018, was on HW2.5, MCU2, 2022.16.1.2), and ever since i get this constant beeping (louder than the parking sensor one) from behind me when parked in my garage or in a parking spot with cars around. it also randomly happens on the road, even when there are no cars near me. I've turned everything off - parking proximity chime, AEB, autopilot, lane departure, blind spot warning. This happens when driving full manual - no autopilot or auto-steer engaged (they are switched off, not just inactive) I've driven the car nearly 100 miles so the cameras should be done calibrating. i get no indication on my dash of any warning. In fact, i get almost nothing on the center display other than the basic car - no lane markings, orange cones, car doesn't turn when I'm turning, etc.

Any ideas? I've set up a service visit but it's 3 weeks away so i doubt anyone will contact me for a while. Did I get a bad FSD computer? The beeping is especially annoying, and it's too embarrassing to have any passengers aboard. It's loud enough my kids can hear it from inside the house.

Finally got this fixed. Took my car in early Friday morning, and it didn't get resolved until Monday (today). Apparently the new FSD board needed a patch before the firmware would recognize it, and only one guy knew how to do it. I asked if this was a common issue with the FSD installs on older cars but didn't get a reply. Car is back to normal, plus I get the new traffic light and speed sign graphics. Haven't tried the FSD stuff yet; just glad my car is fully functional again.