Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just got a new MYP, experiencing an unusual kind of rear seat alignment issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery of a new MYP 2 weeks ago and I have been noticing this weird mis-alignment issue that I see no one talked about.

It looks like my rear seat is off centered (closer to the right) and also it is slanted down towards the right of the car.

In picture 1, the seats are at the most upright position, the camera is at the dead center of the car and looking straight ahead, you can see the gap on the right side of the seats is smaller than the gap on the left.

In picture 2, the seats are at the most laid-down position, you can see the right seat (even the shoulder part of the seat) is pressed against the side panel, leaving no gaps. But on the left side, there is a gap, and it looks like the seat is "turned" away from the side panel.

In picture 3, again at the most laid-down position, the can see there is a gap on the left but no gap on the right

Picture 4 shows what I think is happening.

I have tried to search for discussion regarding this issue but I see no one discussing it. Also I went through some pictures online of other people's back seat, I see some are centered and some are off to the right like mine (but I couldn't tell for sure). I went to the showroom and I can tell the demo car has the rear seat at dead center.

This may seem like a minor problem on photos but the gap difference is very noticeable in person. What triggers me the most is that when the seats are at the middle or the most laid-down position, the right seat is able hold the seat belt in front of the seat, but the left seat belt always slips back right through the gap and go behind the seat.

Is anyone here have the same problem and what do your rear seats look like? Also does anyone know if this is DIY-able or is visiting the SC is the only way to go? TIA!

Attachments

• Picture1.png
    Picture1.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 188
  • Picture2.png
    Picture2.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 108
  • Picture3.png
    Picture3.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 106
  • Picture4.png
    Picture4.png
    44.9 KB · Views: 106
Re uploading the picture because they were missing the white background

Attachments

• Picture1.jpg
    Picture1.jpg
    294.2 KB · Views: 105
  • Picture2.jpg
    Picture2.jpg
    324.9 KB · Views: 96
  • Picture3.jpg
    Picture3.jpg
    223.7 KB · Views: 84
  • Picture4.jpg
    Picture4.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 99
My response would be that I don't think anyone knows if it is normal or not. I don't think that many people would have noticed a difference.

You can always open a service ticket and see what they say. It's very possible that it's a 10 minute fix by loosening the bolts to the floor and moving the seats.

I took delivery of a new MYP 2 weeks ago and I have been noticing this weird mis-alignment issue that I see no one talked about.

It looks like my rear seat is off centered (closer to the right) and also it is slanted down towards the right of the car.

In picture 1, the seats are at the most upright position, the camera is at the dead center of the car and looking straight ahead, you can see the gap on the right side of the seats is smaller than the gap on the left.

In picture 2, the seats are at the most laid-down position, you can see the right seat (even the shoulder part of the seat) is pressed against the side panel, leaving no gaps. But on the left side, there is a gap, and it looks like the seat is "turned" away from the side panel.

In picture 3, again at the most laid-down position, the can see there is a gap on the left but no gap on the right

Picture 4 shows what I think is happening.

I have tried to search for discussion regarding this issue but I see no one discussing it. Also I went through some pictures online of other people's back seat, I see some are centered and some are off to the right like mine (but I couldn't tell for sure). I went to the showroom and I can tell the demo car has the rear seat at dead center.

This may seem like a minor problem on photos but the gap difference is very noticeable in person. What triggers me the most is that when the seats are at the middle or the most laid-down position, the right seat is able hold the seat belt in front of the seat, but the left seat belt always slips back right through the gap and go behind the seat.

Is anyone here have the same problem and what do your rear seats look like? Also does anyone know if this is DIY-able or is visiting the SC is the only way to go? TIA!
Open a support ticket right away if it's new.