Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just got 2019.24.4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got this 2nd window on top left of screen glitch and could not get it to close while using the web browser on this version. I have to do a 2 thumbs reset to get rid of it. I tried switching to drive and the window would not go away. I could not see the car or the speedometer.
20190728_002334.jpg
20190728_002359.jpg

Got this 2nd window on top left of screen glitch and could not get it to close while using the web browser on this version. I have to do a 2 thumbs reset to get rid of it. I tried switching to drive and the window would not go away. I could not see the car or the speedometer.
View attachment 435189 View attachment 435190

A popup window from the browser. Didn't know it could do that. Now if only you could access the backup camera that way lots of people would be happy. Of course it didn't work very well, staying up forever (or until reset).

I haven't seen that yet, but have started seeing cyclists in the bicycle lane, and yesterday I got a notice that said something to the effect of, construction zone detected and certain autopilot functions limited.
The messages about construction zones and limited autopilot have been around several months (maybe even since last year) for AP 2 and AP 2.5. We actually drove about 20 miles in a construction zone yesterday trying to see that message but it never showed up where it used to be displayed.

The messages about construction zones and limited autopilot have been around several months (maybe even since last year) for AP 2 and AP 2.5. We actually drove about 20 miles in a construction zone yesterday trying to see that message but it never showed up where it used to be displayed.

The only one I see these days is if NoA is active, saying that NoA's actions are limited in the construction zone. If it's just AP, it won't say anything (the car will still see the construction, of course.)

• Informative
Reactions: MorrisonHiker
If you have had the car for more than a week just go into the App: Schedule Service>Software Update and Tesla will push you 24.4.
I did this, prior to the latest 24.4 release (something like two weeks ago) and received the same .103 release pushed to the car via the service center appointment. A couple days later, I got .104 when that came out. It certainly would appear that some cars are on a different software branch - for what reason, no idea and I could also be completely wrong.

Though in this vein, it would be interesting to see if everyone still on a .103 or .104 release, have high VIN numbers, relatively speaking.

There has to be some odd/one-off batch of Model 3s with unique hardware that are getting these 2019.15.10x updates.

Or they're doing A/B testing with HW3 vehicles to validate code merging. Why do I say this?
Well, I believe all vehicles on 2019.15.10x have HW3, and some HW3 have reported having been updated to 2019.24.4.
So before they upgrade the entire fleet to 2019.24.4, they are making sure there are no major issues on HW3 vehicles by only updating a subset of them.

Or they're doing A/B testing with HW3 vehicles to validate code merging. Why do I say this?
Well, I believe all vehicles on 2019.15.10x have HW3, and some HW3 have reported having been updated to 2019.24.4.
So before they upgrade the entire fleet to 2019.24.4, they are making sure there are no major issues on HW3 vehicles by only updating a subset of them.
Think you are on it. Looks like us early HW3 adopters are playing test to be sure it is OK for the hordes on HD3's being produced. After all Musk did say that 2.5 would have an advantage for a while over 3.0 and as of now bet the code is optimized for 2.5 and just has to be compatible with 3.0.

That sounds logical. I have HW3 and FSD (M3) and I'm on 24.4. I had the Tesla sales person confirm that before I got the car (was a new inventory car with four miles on it) in May otherwise I would have ordered one and waited two weeks. Plus I did the video file format check and confirmed I'm on the version that's supposedly for HW3. Build date for my car is late April. Then again the sales person could have lied to me and that codec could be a bunch of BS...

If you have had the car for more than a week just go into the App: Schedule Service>Software Update and Tesla will push you 24.4.

Done this to no avail since receiving the car on 6 July. Had my blinkers stop making noise today. Had to soft reset the car while driving for the first time, very weird thing to do but it worked and so did the blinkers afterward. 15.104.1 bleh