Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just got 2019.24.4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have my software update preference set to advanced and got the 2019.24.4 update earlier this evening. Seems that the advanced setting is making a difference for me, or maybe I’m just lucky that I’ve received the last few updates within the first 2 days of mass rollout.

Did your camera get better with this update? The color contrast on mine is much better in this update.

This update completely fixed my purple lines and crazy camera distortions I've been complaining about for the past 10 months. It does look a little bit less sharp now. Anyone else notice? Have there been multiple camera revisions? Funny thing is I have a mobile service appointment Monday to get my rear camera replaced because of the image issues.... guess I should cancel now.

This update completely fixed my purple lines and crazy camera distortions I've been complaining about for the past 10 months. It does look a little bit less sharp now. Anyone else notice? Have there been multiple camera revisions? Funny thing is I have a mobile service appointment Monday to get my rear camera replaced because of the image issues.... guess I should cancel now.

When I first got in my 3 after the update finished it did seem like the rear camera quality was slightly improved, but I could have just been imagining things though.

There are always reports of the dancing cars supposedly being fixed with about every new version. It seems to always come back for everyone at some point.

Sadly this is true this time as well. It is better, but not fixed. A Tesla employee I spoke to said that the issue has to do with the camera resolution of AP 2.5 and older, and specifically when the car is stationary. You may have noticed that you see camera errors in sentry mode but while you are driving the cameras seem to be fine. It's part of the same issue. 3.0 hardware should (once the the code diverges from the 2.5 code) fix it. Right now they are trying to limit with filters, but they can't afford to cut out potential data points.

Is it sad that I've owned the car for over a year and I have no idea how to access the FM radio?

There is this really cool thing, it was even updated in this latest update. They call it a Manual. Super helpful, easy to access and you learn stuff. If you haven't read it yet. Please do so first before you ask questions about how to use your car. Just makes everyone less frustrated. :)

42a0c868fad26ccebf123244cf6da8b5.jpg
Tell that to my P3Ds resale value, lol

Hi, may I ask what is the difference between standard and advanced software update? I have it on standard, and was wondering if that's why I'm still on 2019.15.104.1?
I’m on Advanced and at the same update/revision, it’s either how the rollout of the update is staged, or there something different about our cars - the wait and see game I’m afraid.

On teslafi.com it shows 2019.15.104.1 was just released 7/10/2019 which is around the time I purchased my Model 3 Performance and received the update on my car. Looks like 2019.15.105 was just released yesterday (7/22/2019) which again, coincidences with the possibility that there is either a new HW3 revision or this is indeed the real HW3. My other Tesla SR+ never went through these versions, was built 4/2019 and supposedly has HW3 with the codec verification method.
Interesting. A silent revision to HW3 is not outside the realm of possibility and if not that, what? A test branch made up of a subset of HW3 Model 3’s? Such speculation, Devs where art thou...

Sadly this is true this time as well. It is better, but not fixed. A Tesla employee I spoke to said that the issue has to do with the camera resolution of AP 2.5 and older, and specifically when the car is stationary. You may have noticed that you see camera errors in sentry mode but while you are driving the cameras seem to be fine. It's part of the same issue. 3.0 hardware should (once the the code diverges from the 2.5 code) fix it. Right now they are trying to limit with filters, but they can't afford to cut out potential data points.

HW2.5 and HW3 use the same cameras, though. Only difference is compute speed. The issue appears to show itself when stationary and the lane lines aren’t clear for a long enough stretch, causing the computer to guess the orientation of the vehicle... something it’s very bad at, especially when the cars are close-up and taking up a good portion of a camera’s field of view. This is because the software that recognizes other vehicles and their orientation is design for moving cars that are traveling parallel to the direction of travel with good lane line visibility (i.e. autopilot).

Reactions: ibGeek
HW2.5 and HW3 use the same cameras, though. Only difference is compute speed. The issue appears to show itself when stationary and the lane lines aren’t clear for a long enough stretch, causing the computer to guess the orientation of the vehicle... something it’s very bad at, especially when the cars are close-up and taking up a good portion of a camera’s field of view. This is because the software that recognizes other vehicles and their orientation is design for moving cars that are traveling parallel to the direction of travel with good lane line visibility (i.e. autopilot).

True that the cameras are the same, but HW2.5 runs them at a lower resolution and frame rate. This was mentioned during the autonomy day video. But your theory is sound. I know in the dev version that they used in Autonomy day test drives for the media that it showed cars in the correct orientation without issue. I'm assuming that the dev version is completely diverged from the 2.5 hardware computer compatible code. Just my guess. The scuttlebutt is that Tesla will start upgrading FSD cars to HW3.0 in Q4 this year and from that point on, the HW3.0 hardware will no longer be cross compatible with HW2.5.

True that the cameras are the same, but HW2.5 runs them at a lower resolution and frame rate. This was mentioned during the autonomy day video.

I remember that part, now that you mention it. I really hope FSD is every bit as good as it’s hyped up to be, but I’m just not willing to fork over $6k for a yet-to-be released feature that everyone except Tesla says is impossible to solve given current hardware and software. Time will tell! I bough $TSLA instead, and so far that has appreciated (unlike the car).

Prior to this release the AP would change lanes if you had responded (given feedback to the steering wheel) in the last 16 or so seconds. When this AP was introduced you would have to give feedback to the wheel after the blinker came on. It seemed like the car was saying "Hey I want to change lanes, are you still there?"

On NOA without confirmation, you have to tug the wheel after the car suggests a lane change and turns the blinker on to indicate that you are still present (when you get the flashing blue at the top of the screen). It will abort the auto lane change if you don't tug the wheel. Are you sure that is not what is happening? If I tug the wheel right, it does auto lane changes perfectly every time.

I turned off NOA without confirmation after two days of use, it's useless in L.A. traffic.

Auto lane change hasn't been working with me initiating the lane change - blinker goes on, lane change shows up on screen and then car does nothing. Same thing when it suggests a lane change and I use the right stalk to confirm to proceed - nada. Works about 1 in 10 times.

Reactions: outdoors