Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just custom ordered my 100D Model S, have a quesiton.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone, yesterday I posted a thread asking for feedback on whether I should go with a Model S or Model X. After reading all of your replies and test driving both models again, I chose the Model S 100D. I wanted to thank all of you for the valuable feedback, it really gave me peace of mind with my decision. In the end, I think the better handling and performance with the Model S is what made me pull the trigger.

With that being said, I'm so damn excited but I'll have to wait till late December for my delivery. I've been reading all the forums and threads just trying to learn more about this incredible car and had a question for other owners.
  1. What is your favorite attribute/feature of your Tesla compared to past cars you've owned?
  2. What makes you most excited about driving a Tesla everyday?
  3. Will my new build from factory come with the recent firmware that uncorked older 100D models and have 3.8 0-60 times?
Would love to get a discussion going.

Congrats and welcome to the family! Glad all of our advice helped. :)

1. My favorite things about the Tesla compared to other cars:
-Regenerative braking makes 1 pedal driving possible and fun
-Autopilot in LA traffic, especially adaptive cruise control in traffic jams, is a life saver
-The raw acceleration is fun as hell
-The giant nav map with life traffic at all times makes it easy to get around traffic jams (again, key in LA)

2.What gets me most excited?
-It's just a fun car to drive - the speed and handling of the car are fantastic

3. No clue on the firmware - sorry!

Firstly, good call on the S. I rented an X for 8 days and drove several thousand miles. It was noisier and had much worse range than my S.

Favourite thing is freedom from buying fuel, being able to charge st home. There are about 10 other aspects which are a close second such as performance, AP etc.

The performance is endlessly exciting. Puts a smile on my face every day.

Your car will almost certainly come with the new firmware.

- Quiet and fun to drive, finally can enjoy the music without the engine noise,
- Plenty of the acceleration when needed, regardless of the cruising speed,
- Computer on wheels, works for my inner geekiness

If you don't have the latest firmware out of the factory, SC should be able to fix it for you during or before the delivery. You can ask your DS about it upfront.

Congrats!

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve