Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Join your local Electric Auto Association!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have enjoyed the energy and evangelism, toward driving Tesla, and driving electric in general, on these forums. Many of you are willing to share experiences with non EV drivers, giving rides and witnessing conversions to Electric Drive by evidence of the Tesla (or EV) grin.

As there are few active Electric Automobile Associations in my immediate area, I went outside my county and joined organizations to the east and west of me. Just for interest, I wished to share with you what I am able to help out with, in a one month time frame.

To the west of me, my EAA group is developing a plan to help that county in its efforts to curb pollution and global climate change gas production, of which over 60% is produced by ICE automobiles. The county wants to cut production by, no less, 60%. What a concept! What a perfect fit! Promote Electric Car Ownership!

To the east of me, tomorrow I go to demonstrate and show off my Model S to a group of 120 junior and senior high school students and their teachers. I will drive 90 miles to get to their site. It is hosted by an electric power company. Future Tesla Owners? You bet! Will they tell their friends? How do you spell TWEET!?

And again to the east of me, I have been invited to be part of a Nissan study of Tesla Model S owners. It seems to me that they are researching the need to have a bigger battery and a better charging program for their next generation Leaf, but I don't know. But interesting. They will certainly get the Tesla viewpoint.

What I am saying is that there is a huge group of people interested in many of the same things we are interested in: Showing people the advantages of driving electric.

I encourage any of you to look up your local EAA and join up, go to a few meetings (yes, they are mostly Leaf owners and conversion geeks), and see what you can do for them, and find what they can end up doing for all of us.