Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Issues after installed rear air vents display + OBD dongle (for scanmytesla), an

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had the rear vent with climate control display installed half a year ago, except the plug wasn't connected tightly during the installation, no issue afterward. Then installed the OBD dongle (that works with scanmytesla) a month ago, issues began.

1. The door won't lock, the side mirrors won't fold. I tried to straighten the connector pins, and reconnect everything. Doors and locks could work normally.
2. Afterward, the alarm randomly triggers, happened twice in the middle of the night 2-3am. Once time I could see the rear window was slightly opened.
3. I unplugged the OBD set, leaving only the rear vent. Now the car requires me to use key card to put in D and seems the B pillar won't detect my card. The alarm just rang this morning, not sure if it is triggered by the connector.

Planning to reverse the installation just to make sure the car runs correctly. Anyone has tips / experience / same issues encountered?

Here is the model
Model-3Y-Rear-Climate_Music-Control-Screen-Hansshow-9.jpg