Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Issues after 3.0 FSD computer upgrade.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone.

I'm having an issue I hope we can figure out. My 2018 MX received the FSD retrofit this past Monday. Tesla came to the house and switched out the computer for FREE!!! I just requested "2.5 computer to FSD retrofit" service via the Tesla app. I received a message an hour later confirming my mobile appointment with an estimate showing $0.00.

Skip ahead to the install... two techs came to my house right on time. The install took approximately an hour with 2 software updates . Well now my location doesn't update and my GPS does not work at all. Since the location doesn't update auto park, auto garage door and summons are pretty much useless. I also just noticed the calibration in progress is stuck around 5%.

I've tried the power off button and soft reset via the 2 steering wheel buttons and park button with no luck. I've also driven approximately 70 miles to calibrate cameras with no luck there either.

Has anyone had this issue before?

TIA

Mrmojo78

Hello everyone.

I'm having an issue I hope we can figure out. My 2018 MX received the FSD retrofit this past Monday. Tesla came to the house and switched out the computer for FREE!!! I just requested "2.5 computer to FSD retrofit" service via the Tesla app. I received a message an hour later confirming my mobile appointment with an estimate showing $0.00.

Skip ahead to the install... two techs came to my house right on time. The install took approximately an hour with 2 software updates . Well now my location doesn't update and my GPS does not work at all. Since the location doesn't update auto park, auto garage door and summons are pretty much useless. I also just noticed the calibration in progress is stuck around 5%.

I've tried the power off button and soft reset via the 2 steering wheel buttons and park button with no luck. I've also driven approximately 70 miles to calibrate cameras with no luck there either.

Has anyone had this issue before?

TIA

Mrmojo78
did you subscribe to monthly FSD? or buy FSD package to get the free upgrade?

Issue fixed via service support. They pushed update 2023.12.5 and 2023.12.9 since both updates failed to install after the retrofit. The tech explained that cameras couldn't calibrate correctly due to update failure. That in turn affected GPS, Autopilot, summons and all other enhanced features. So glad I didn't need to drive out to a SC.