Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Israel/Hamas conflict

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
  • Disagree
Reactions: replicant
Progress of the IDF in clearing Hamas from other areas besides Gaza City. I doubt we will see independent verification of this, outside of an Israeli reporter, so I will go with it. It seems reasonable.

Here is an excerpt for those who can’t or don’t want to access X.

“IDF says its 162nd Division — which entered Gaza from the north — has completed the capture of the al-Shati camp, and will soon link up with the 36th Division which entered the Strip from the east, reaching the coast.

The IDF says al-Shati was a main Hamas stronghold. “Inside the camp there is a lot of enemy infrastructure and many forces of Hamas were concentrated there, including the al-Shati Battalion, which took a central part in the October 7 [attacks],” it says.

The 162nd Division had pushed south from northern Gaza when the ground operation began two and a half weeks ago, heading into Gaza City, and facing resistance in the al-Shati camp in the last few days.

There were at least four clashes with Hamas operatives in al-Shati in the last few hours. According to the military, nearly every other home in the camp was booby-trapped.”

Picture of the massive rally in DC today on the National Mall (that’s the very large lawn that includes lots of national monuments and runs between Constitution Ave and Independence Ave (National Mall | Washington DC)

“7 major differences between the anti-Israel protests and the pro-Israel rally today at the National Mall :

1. Nobody was assaulted.
2. There were many American flags.
3. There was no racism or bigotry.
4. Nobody was hiding behind a face mask.
5. Concern was expressed for innocents on the other side.
6. It was bipartisan.
7. It was much, much larger!”

Does this mean Musk is gonna be banned?

1700093500497.png

Musk has posted and reposted Jew-hatred on Twitter.
Musk has offered indirect support to terrorists.
I'm done doing business with him.

I watch the coverage of the war in mainstream and liberal media, and I am horrified. I canceled my New York Times subscription.

I don't expect to change the antisemites here into reasonable people. It's hard enough teaching morality to somebody in person. I cannot teach morality over an internet forum, and I'm not going to try.

It just comes down to this old joke: What do you call ten people willingly breaking bread with one Nazi? Eleven Nazis.
Any more thoughts on this?

Any more thoughts on this?
I will take the bait. I just spent 1.5 hrs reading multiple people’s views about these posts on X / twitter. And then I wrote one back to several people including Elon.

First, it does have bearing on the Hamas / Israel situation, because it fans the flames of groups like Hamas.

What Elon was railing about is the “woke culture“ stuff. He basically said Jewish groups are more prone to supporting this, and clarified he wasn’t supporting Hitler.

My post back was “With great power, comes great responsibility.” Stan Lee with his Spiderman character. And, “words matter.” Then I rebutted the argument somewhat.

As for the rest of your comment, Musk does not equal Tesla or TSLA, so I’m not done with either.

Thankfully, Israel will proceed to finish wiping out Hamas. And there is now an awakening across the Jewish community on the need to combat the roots of the hatred. Ironically, the path forward will likely be down a similar path to what I think Elon is advocating for.

What I think is important for us here is to combat disinformation regardless of where it is aimed. And extremism, regardless of where it is aimed. Not based on any group as the Moderator pointed out. If that means calling out Elon, so be it.