Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Israel/Hamas conflict

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
in the article I just posted above, there is mention of good intelligence being provided. I think this quote provides further insight into that. Good news in my opinion. If the Palestinians, help get rid of Hamas, there is a greater chance for peace.

“Sources in the Arab media report the cooperation of thousands of Gazans with the IDF in handing over locations of Hamas forces, locations of tunnels and IDF warehouses and launch sites.

The cooperation began after the IDF distributed leaflets calling for the provision of information about the location of the Israeli abductees while promising financial compensation and safety for informants.

The sources report that, most of the information transmitters do not demand money but safe passage for them and their families.

- Al-Alam Al-Arabi”

Great article by Thomas Friedman in The New York Times.
A few selections -

“First, Israel is facing threats from a set of enemies who combine medieval theocratic worldviews with 21st-century weaponry — and are no longer organized as small bands of militiamen but as modern armies with brigades, battalions, cybercapabilities, long-range rockets, drones and technical support. I am speaking about Iranian-backed Hamas, Hezbollah, Islamic militias in Iraq and the Houthis in Yemen — and now even the openly Hamas-embracingVladimir Putin. These foes have long been there, but all of them seemed to surface together like dragons during this conflict, threatening Israel with a 360-degree war all at once...”

“But Biden can sustainably generate the support Israel needs only if Israel is ready to engage in some kind of a wartime diplomatic initiative directed at the Palestinians in the West Bank — and hopefully in a post-Hamas Gaza — that indicates Israel will discuss some kind of two-state solutions if Palestinian officials can get their political house unified and in order.
This leads directly to my third, deep concern.
Israel has the worst leader in its history — maybe in all of Jewish history — who has no will or ability to produce such an initiative.”

Also this is what most of us see when a twitter link gets posted:
1699644279628.png

Care to? i guess. But then my posts will be deleted and I'll be banned again without any explanation of what the mods dislike. I'm not a fan of wasting my time.
Ok, how about you DM me then? I like to think I have an open mind. Doesn’t mean I will agree, but I do form my opinions based on many inputs and much reading. I purposely read some contrarian views just to understand, and that does shift my thinking. This time (oct 7th attack), caused a profound shift. The part that’s not clear for me, is what the right long term solution is. Short-term, Hamas has to be wiped out. Just like, I’ve hardened my view about Ukraine - Russia must be soundly defeated. That is relevant here both because of the argument, and also because Russia is stoking the flames In the Middle East.

• Helpful
Reactions: CatB and navguy12
Also this is what most of us see when a twitter link gets posted:
View attachment 989593
I was under the impression from what @Buckminster posted, that when you changed the “x” to ”twitter” in the url, it allowed people to see the post. When I post twitter articles, I try to provide context and information. I will try to provide more of that in the future.