Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Israel/Hamas conflict

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are such things as clever cowards. Shielding your terrorist organization with civilian human shields falls into that category, imo.
But it wouldn't work if they were fighting against Iran or Putin. Sociopathic moves against sociopaths don't work because they don't care who gets killed. But Ukraine, Israel, NATO are going to do their best to not kill innocents and the terrorists know this and exploit it.

It's not cowardice. It's smart. Cynical, amoral, sociopathic but smart.

It's a lot less effort and often more effective than a bunker.
It's not smart. That's something Trump would say. Doing evil is never smart. It's also not more effective than a bunker. Bunkers save lives. Hamas, Hezzbolah, and these other "freedom fighters" get people killed.
But it wouldn't work if they were fighting against Iran or Putin. Sociopathic moves against sociopaths don't work because they don't care who gets killed. But Ukraine, Israel, NATO are going to do their best to not kill innocents and the terrorists know this and exploit it.
This is true. Sadly, being ethical isn't worth few points in this world. If anything, it just pisses off the unethical people because it makes them feel bad about themselves.

Reactions: cusetownusa
It's not smart. That's something Trump would say. Doing evil is never smart. It's also not more effective than a bunker. Bunkers save lives. Hamas, Hezzbolah, and these other "freedom fighters" get people killed.

This is true. Sadly, being ethical isn't worth few points in this world. If anything, it just pisses off the unethical people because it makes them feel bad about themselves.

Well doing "evil" is never a good thing. They are opposites by definition. There are times that doing things that are anti-social, ie cut against the grain of accepted social norms or international norms are effective. If the person or group get away with using anti-social tactics long term or even permanently, they were smart if you look at it just as how effective they were. The long term damage to reputations, society, the economy, etc. are all there and anything that does damage to society isn't smart from a societal point of view. But the people pulling the stunt got away with it, so to some degree they were smart from a purely selfish perspective, but dumb from a larger perspective of society or the international order.

Any more thoughts on this?
Yeah. It's a continuation of Musk's despicable and irresponsible behavior. The Tesla board should remove him from his CEO position ASAP; it's their fiduciary responsibility to shareholders at this point. There are people all over social media calling for boycotts of all of Musk's companies.

Yeah. It's a continuation of Musk's despicable and irresponsible behavior. The Tesla board should remove him from his CEO position ASAP; it's their fiduciary responsibility to shareholders at this point. There are people all over social media calling for boycotts of all of Musk's companies.
It breaks my heart to say it...but this time Elon Musk has gone too far. We can make excuses for him, naivety, mental conditions, no filter...but he’s also the smartest guy on the planet....he needs to seriously atone for what he wrote....and hope that those he has offended are more generous of spirit than his recent outrage suggests he is

Reactions: madodel
It breaks my heart to say it...but this time Elon Musk has gone too far. We can make excuses for him, naivety, mental conditions, no filter...but he’s also the smartest guy on the planet....he needs to seriously atone for what he wrote....and hope that those he has offended are more generous of spirit than his recent outrage suggests he is
I sold my Tesla last year, solely because of Elon. I saw what was coming and I couldn't associate myself with him anymore. No judgement on others. But for me, it was the right move.

The best thing that could happen to Tesla is for Elon to exit. Same for X, same for SpaceX. Imagine if you're a Jewish person working at one of these places.
Nonsense. The best thing that could happen for all of his companies is for Elon to STFU and go back to doing engineering and financial management full time. Getting told off by the White House and marking himself by his speech as unacceptable in polite company is not the behavior of a leader.

Every time he posts on X he angers more people. This is not healthy. The Israel/Hamas conflict is best not commented upon by the ignorant, and the more Elon says, the more clear it becomes that his ignorance on the subject is vast.

Well, you just outed yourself as a deceiver or a sheep spreading someone else's propaganda.

Musk was replying to the post above the antisemitic one, which was maliciously and deceptively omitted (it's proven by the heading of his post). Musk was agreeing with the dude who posted a clip speaking out against people hiding behind their computer screens spewing hatred (and specifically criticizing people saying "Hitler was right"). The poster right above Musk was also replying to the OP, disagreeing and using anti-Semitic rhetoric. Musk was not agreeing with or replying to "Eric".

Screenshot_20231117-212006.png

If you just posted the misleading screenshot blindly from someone else, and you weren't lying on purpose, then maybe it should be a sobering reminder that online, always check source material, don't let yourself be fooled by propagandists, and always confirm the source before forwarding. If you're the source, everyone here now knows your character.

Edit: and I see that your screenshot also edited out the line where it shows who Musk is replying to... So blatant, intentional anti-Musk propaganda. Look, I totally think Musk would be wiser to stay off all social media, but you realize that there are powerful forces that hate his guts and will do anything to smear his name. Social media just makes it easier for them to twist his words and take things out of context, but they'd find other ways to lie about him.

Last edited: