Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is it possible to dismiss the "Service Maintenance Required" message

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lastly, most in particular with the 2.x cars, if someone bypasses the "Maintenance/Service" screen, most likely they won't get the PEM cleaned which need to be cleaned every year on those versions. Heat will then build up in the PEM causing premature failures in the long run due to heat. I'd hate to be the person buying that Roadster honestly if excessive PEM temps have been seen for a long duration due to a person not wanting to get proper maintenance.
Keep in mind that you daily drive your Roadster as do I. But there are MANY Roadsters that are not (witness all the ones for sale that are 4-5 years old with like 8,000 miles on them). A PEM cannot get dirty if it's just sitting and so doing annual service on a car that's driven 3k miles/year is a waste of money. Tesla should have made the service interval mileage-based instead of annual but they didn't. Likely in the early days they wanted to see the cars every year to check on battery health, etc and the fact that the earlier cars didn't have the telemetry of the later cars. So it's perfectly reasonable for owners to track their own service needs and be able to silence the car from bleating about something it doesn't need.

If Tesla thinks it's a liability then they should make a user-mode way to reset the interval like you can on other cars.

Reactions: dhrivnak
The point I am trying to make, don't have people just ask for it who you can't verify. Again, with masses freedoms get lost and locked down. Yes, those who do their work can find it. But I am TOTALLY AGAINST people saying, ohhh I want the pin to shut it off.

Idiots don't put in any effort and take freedoms away from those who do work.

Its a different story if it was made public in a Service Manual. Has it? If not, its not legit or available to be made public. Sorry but you have to respect that nomatter what your view. And people just requesting it in the open is wrong and screws others. Period. Please stop so you don't take away others who may help you.

If you PM and that person is open, that's a different story. The burden and law then falls on them.

As for not driving the car that much, well, if you don't drive the car that much why do you have it? If it sits you your garage as a garage queen then you should be able to pay Tesla to clear the dialog. Also if you don't drive it that much, its not that annoying.

I like those who help others. But I don't support stupid people who make stupid requests that take away people who put in effort to learn and add to something.

And I saw all this as another Gruber marketing ploy. Why does/is Gruber creating more TMC accounts? Why don't they become a Sponsor?

Let it be known if someone gets hurt by Gruber letting out info that they shouldn't, they are legally held to the damages as like anyone. Not smart for a business.

Again I'm all for all those helping others. There's a correct way in approaching it, this has digressed in my opinion more in the negative / wrong way.

Reactions: dhrivnak
I would also like to disable this "Maintenance required" message and also have a look at some diagnostics as I am not sure about the conclusions Tesla Service is making. I would really appreciate if someone can provide me info on how to access this VDS menu.

Hey there,
\My name is Trevor, I live in Seattle, Wa...
I own an 08 Roadster, and was reading a post you made a few years ago regarding the "service menu"
...you Private Messaged someone the steps to access the specific section which would allow me to RESET the Service / Maintenence Required Notice/Noise .

A detailed step by step wouyld be GREATLY appreciated!
leave me your contact info, and id be glad to shoot you a thank you (I work for Nintendo, we have cool swag) ;-)

thanks alot

Call us. We can tell you how to disable this. [phone number removed by admin]
Hey there,
I own an 08 Roadster, and was reading a post you made a few years ago regarding the "service menu"
...you Private Messaged someone the steps to access the specific section which would allow me to RESET the Service / Maintenence Required Notice/Noise .

leave me your contact info, and id be glad to shoot you a thank you (I work for Nintendo, we have cool swag) ;-)

thanks alot

Hey there,

thanks alot

Hey Trevor. Sent you a PM.

Our GMC website is under re-construction and the Newsletters will be back up soon. The one dealing with this issue is:
1711-Newsletter.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: DavidB and eHorses