Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is current delivery process still full contact less like during covid time?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi. Just wondering what is the delivery process like on the date of delivery for tesla cars?

When i bought my tesla back in early 2019, my sales advisor pretty much hold my hand and inspect the car with me and walk me thur all the feature and set me up to use the tesla app. Tesla even give me a bow decoration on my new tesla car to take photos together. The whole delivery process takes about half of day and very customer focused.

How about delivery experience nowadays? Is everything contact less?

Does tesla just give you two keycards after you sign the paper and make the full payment and you are on your own?

would love to hear recent experiences if any.

Took delivery today.
Does tesla just give you two keycards after you sign the paper and make the full payment and you are on your own?
I took delivery today and it's more or less this, in a good way. I checked in, they opened it for me to go look it over, then I came in, signed papers, got the keys and did the final accept step in the app. I'm sure if I'd wanted help and a tour I could have got it but it's my third Tesla and I was happy to just be in and out.

Reactions: Biscuitman
"final accept step in the app"

What does final accept step in the app involve when you already another tesla car? Did the notification shows up on the app and ask to accept ownership of the new car?

What happen to app control of the other old tesla car? How do you go back to control the other tesla ?

thank you

"final accept step in the app"

What does final accept step in the app involve when you already another tesla car? Did the notification shows up on the app and ask to accept ownership of the new car?

What happen to app control of the other old tesla car? How do you go back to control the other tesla ?

thank you
You can swipe left/right to see multiple vehicles in the app, even when one is just an order. All works perfectly. On an order, there are multiple steps you go through that get green check marks as you complete (finance application, insurance upload etc). Once you have gone to pickup and sign, the very final step is one to accept the vehicle.

Reactions: coolmanfever
Took delivery just this past week and it's not quite contactless at my location. If you need help getting started they have people there and ready to help you.
The app experience makes it so that you could go with as little paperwork as possible. I had to sign some documents (government docs and a signature for delivery acceptance).

More or less, yea just this.