Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is anyone paying these prices???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They are a bargain actually if you compare to used Teslas in Norway. It has become less dramatic now, but there they used to be 30% more expensive than new.

The reason is quite simple: if you order a new car you wait 5 months. The used one can be driven home right away.

That is not a correct statement.

Before MS production capasity was up to full speed, there was a very LIMITED second hand market, but 30 percent over prices new.?....that is true fiction.

Now the market is reversered ones more and flooded with punters trying to sell in order to secure 85D/P85D before the goverment changes favourable tax regime on all new electric vehicles.

The rwd solution on MS are stone cold and prices drop steadily. Climate not so different to Canada and Alaska, therefore dual motors HUGE plus.....

Not eliminating benefits, but todays regime with no import tax at all will eventually vanish. Pehaps to a regime that favours plug in hybrids in equal meassure? The ceiling is believed to a total of 50' new EV cars sold, and that is probarbly kikking in this upcoming summer.

And.....it is valid to discuss who has benefitted most from this loophole.

One think is for certain. The goverment did not have foresight of a near hypercar in a "green suit" of a P85D. A car able of creeping under the magic three second mark with very few tweeks in driveline. (ST 690).

This is a vehicle which ticks so many boxes! A four door/zero emission hypercar with no import taxes...?....only in Norway.

Last edited:
A rough comparison for Norwegian price level, is to use US sticker price and then convert this to norwegian currency which is "kroner". That to me means that there is a possibillity that Musk takes out a premium. How big I'm not sure.

The incentive for EV vehicles originates from the goverments hope of production of THINK's in Norway some years back. That was not how it unfolded in the end, and via Finland the project stranded under FORD ownership....bummer....

Last edited:
Are they? If so, it's probably because of losing gobs of tax revenue because all the high-end car buyers are switching to Tesla.

That statement was somewhat confirmed by sales representative today. Big wallet customers with DEMANDING manners and high pitched use of vocal chords......BUT....THAT customer base went away and made the fundament of security for the less income prospects like my self.....

Think of it....reality is that my home country is per capita the biggest existing market exept U S of A....in the forefront and proving ground for the harsh arctic sub zero seasons aswell....

On monday I will do a 450 km stint in an full specification/loaded demonstrator in the hue of a red P85+......will I make it on one true 100% charge cycle??? The temptation and thrill of g-forces can prove to difficult....

...I think....maybe...probarbly....surely....definately...bummer...

Love it....just loving it...cant wait!!