Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is 2019.40.50.1 wide on AP2 cars ? If yes, when did you get yours ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't expect we'll see anything meaningful on AP2 now. I'm in the UK and haven't received 2019.40.50.anything - currently on 2019.40.2.5, and I'm apparently in the EAP. The 40th week of 2019 was the first week in October, and we're now mid-Jan.

Tbh, I saw the writing on the wall as soon as AP2.5 and MCU2 were released. There's no way they'll support AP2 moving forward now. In fact, on these latest builds I get huge lag on the autopilot graphics, and it'll sometimes just abort and restart the AP2 computer on longer drives; it's clearly running at capacity. MCU1 is horrible now, and lacks a lot of the newer features (DashCam, actual Sentry Mode, Tesla Theatre, most of the cool games, smooth performance, better voice commands etc)

2017 AP2/MCU1 P100D. The good news is that I'm due a switch soon: whether I'll go M3 or Raven MS remains to be seen...

• Love
Reactions: thevaibhav
Late 2016 Model S HW2.0 MCU 1. I’m on 2019.40.2.1 but I got this notification from Tesla in my app inbox...
520C437B-2BAD-4A9E-8BE3-5140F0B27A34.jpeg

AP1 owner here and I did not get that message.
Wild guess: when Tesla prepared that Joly Merry Xmas mailing, someone listed all owners of AP2.x and above and they sent the mail... only to remember after clicking “send” that they should have excluded MCU1 owners :eek:
But I’m sure it does not mean MCU1 owners won’t get the goodies. Only later. :)

AP1 owner here and I did not get that message.
Wild guess: when Tesla prepared that Joly Merry Xmas mailing, someone listed all owners of AP2.x and above and they sent the mail... only to remember after clicking “send” that they should have excluded MCU1 owners :eek:
But I’m sure it does not mean MCU1 owners won’t get the goodies. Only later. :)
There were actually a couple different versions of the message that were sent out. Here's the version we got a few hours before the version posted above.

I think they realized not everyone gets the new visualizations and games so they changed the wording from the original email.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200114-130815_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20200114-130815_Tesla.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 56
  • Informative
Reactions: Cirrus MS100D
There were actually a couple different versions of the message that were sent out. Here's the version we got a few hours before the version posted above.

I think they realized not everyone gets the new visualizations and games so they changed the wording from the original email.
Thanks. This is indeed comforting that MCU1 will get the text and voice improvements.

To be fair, I think everybody got that notification in their app.

<- 2017 MCU1 / AP2 / Prepaid FSD

Yes.. thats what it looks like and hence the
Once I was stopped at a traffic light on AP and all of a sudden my door handles opened. I realized that the car had gone into park for some reason. I put it back in drive but couldn't enable TACC or AP for a couple minutes so I figured the AP computer had rebooted.

Never had that happen to me..

I have had AP shut down on me, was using NOA, did a lane change (I have confirmation turned on, so i touched the wheel to acknowledge the change) and as soon as the change was completed it gave me red warning to take over immediately and then AP was offline.. it came back on only next drive..

I was being attentive, no warnings were ignored ..

Yes.. thats what it looks like and hence the

Never had that happen to me..

I have had AP shut down on me, was using NOA, did a lane change (I have confirmation turned on, so i touched the wheel to acknowledge the change) and as soon as the change was completed it gave me red warning to take over immediately and then AP was offline.. it came back on only next drive..

I was being attentive, no warnings were ignored ..
It was the first time it has happened to me as well. I didn't get any warnings which is why I was surprised when the door handles popped out (Model S).

• Informative
Reactions: thevaibhav
You get the Autosteer Aborting Take Over Immediately red hands... and then it's as if you have no AP at all (no lane lines or cars show, no auto-steer or cruise icons, nothing is recognised). After a minute or two it comes back online and you can reactivate it like it never happened.

That doesn’t necessarily mean the AP computer crashed. I had those same symptoms frequently for a few months and it ended up being caused by a misaligned front camera. Haven’t had it since getting my car back from service for that. AP2.0/MCU1.