Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Insurance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you're eligible (obviously) USAA is amazing and cheap. I just had my car repainted for wind and sand damage, I paid $0 and USAA paid around $37k no stupid questions and very easy to deal with representatives.
USAA is great; wish I were eligible; some of my kids are :) Clark Howard said they'd seen more complaints recently with USAA Insurance, but overall they are always rated number 1 or 2 in the nation...

It definitely pays to shop around. Used to have Traveler's insurance with competitive rates. After a few years I received a huge rate increase due to no fault of my own. After switching to Geico they quoted me a rate of $1320 per year, Model S LR. And no worries of a 'safety score' changing my rates due to questionable algorithms.

Reactions: Nissanman
It was a wind and sand damage claim so they replaced the headlights ($1200/ea) windshield ($1300) mirrors, spoiler, nosecone, some random small trim pieces. But yeah the out the door cost was right around $37k.
Phew! That is one expensive paint job alright... Someone made good money on that for sure. Methinks the USAA adjusters allowed some generous pricing there. I am part owner and CEO of a manufacturing plant that has a paint booth, so I know a little about what paint jobs cost... although we've never painted a Tesla with those crazy expensive replacement parts...

Phew! That is one expensive paint job alright... Someone made good money on that for sure. Methinks the USAA adjusters allowed some generous pricing there. I am part owner and CEO of a manufacturing plant that has a paint booth, so I know a little about what paint jobs cost... although we've never painted a Tesla with those crazy expensive replacement parts...
Yeah there are a lot of small bits that get replaced and those little suckers add up when there are so many of them lol
here is part of the invoice I can't find the final one but the total at the base of this is $20k

Screenshot_20231023-122216.png

Reactions: Nissanman
It definitely pays to shop around. Used to have Traveler's insurance with competitive rates. After a few years I received a huge rate increase due to no fault of my own. After switching to Geico they quoted me a rate of $1320 per year, Model S LR. And no worries of a 'safety score' changing my rates due to questionable algorithms.
I have geico for my other two cars they quote me $1300 6 months with 250/500k

Been with Gieco 20 years but Tesla was expensive

Went to Tesla $900 no problem after 6 month quote me $1300

Someone suggested Progressive $142 per month same exact coverage 250k/500k

I will shop around after 6 months