Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Infrastructure bill that just passed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

1plavs

‘22 MYP, White/Black
Mar 29, 2021
MKE
So does this still include the $10k Tesla tax credit ?

It hasnt passed, it was only agreed to. It sounds like it will get held up in the House until reconciliation which could be as late as the end of the fiscal year (September).

Doesn’t look like it thus far 🤷‍♂️

Doesn't appear to include EV tax credits. But it DOES include lots of money for expanded charging network! Which is great, because Tesla doesn't actually want to deliver me the vehicle I ordered in February, so I'll have to look at VW or Ford.

This is the bi partisan bill, there will be a second bill that will be coming and will need to get passed along with this one via reconciliation. I wouldn't count out EV credits until we see the second bill. It sounds like Biden won't sign the Bi partisan bill without the second bill on his desk.

This is the bi partisan bill, there will be a second bill that will be coming and will need to get passed along with this one via reconciliation. I wouldn't count out EV credits until we see the second bill. It sounds like Biden won't sign the Bi partisan bill without the second bill on his desk.
I don't think he'll wait. He has made it clear he wants a win NOW, and reconciliation is a process explicitly designed to have to take at least 2-3 months.

I don't think he'll wait. He has made it clear he wants a win NOW, and reconciliation is a process explicitly designed to have to take at least 2-3 months.
He said "“I expect that in the coming months this summer, before the fiscal year is over, that we will have voted on this bill, the infrastructure bill, as well as voted on the budget resolution. But if only one comes to me, this is the only one that comes to me, I’m not signing it. It’s in tandem,” Biden told reporters at the White House."

He said "“I expect that in the coming months this summer, before the fiscal year is over, that we will have voted on this bill, the infrastructure bill, as well as voted on the budget resolution. But if only one comes to me, this is the only one that comes to me, I’m not signing it. It’s in tandem,” Biden told reporters at the White House."
I stand corrected

Now I'm confused. Can somebody summarize?
There's no change to the current situation, meaning that at this current time, even if this proposed bi-partisan bill passes, Tesla's will not qualify for the tax credits. The only hope for that to change will be in another bill the Democrats might try to pass along via reconciliation at some point later this year but to do that they would need all 50 Democrat Senators onboard.

Reactions: Platini