Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

In-app Extended Warranty

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I saw a Facebook post indicating that someone was able to add in an extended warranty through the Tesla app. I'm assuming it's in the US only right now, but has anyone in Canada seen this or is able to access it? Obviously, there's other factors such as whether your vehicle applies, but I'm curious if anyone does see this. Supposedly it's with the latest version of the Tesla app.

Hopefully, it'll make it to Canada soon too.

As an FYI, I just found this thread in the forum: Tesla extended service agreement available

Everything like this starts in the US and sometimes, is gradually expanded to other countries. They need time to navigate the legalities and other stuff in each jurisdiction. I'd expect it to be a while coming to Canada, if at all. The majority of Canadian vehicles are probably also in a much harsher climate so could be they make it significantly more expensive, or don't offer it here fullstop.

TBH, I’ve never liked the idea of purchasing extra warranty coverage.

You’re basically paying money on the off chance that something MIGHT happen that is covered.

I’d rather keep my money and only pay if something DOES happen.
Me too. Having just paid $4000 to replace the heat pump et al, it took until 100,000 for that to happen so this would have been a waste of money. More of a nice earner for Tesla I’d think, just like any well designed insurance product.

my 2019 M3 Dual Motor has 49300 miles.. so, my 50k warranty is about to expire.
I see that I can get the extended warranty from Tesla.. for $1800 for 2yr and 25k more miles.
$100 deductible.
I got about less than 1 month left to make this decision.

I am leaning towards .. NOT.
question.. how are these M3 lasting past 50k miles?