Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Imported 2023 Tesla Y from china ( region issues ) 😔

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

al3jeel

Supporting Member
Aug 15, 2023
Kuwait
Hi there,

I am really grieved and in desperate need of some guidance. I recently imported a Tesla Y 2023 from China, and I am facing a major issue with it. When I got the car, I was shocked to find that the navigation system only had the map of China. On top of that, all the applications, including streaming and music, are Chinese apps. Another problem is that I can only connect to Wi-Fi and not through GSM (sim/esim).

I called Tesla support by phone in UAE Dubai and they clearly said that we don’t support imported Tesla’s from china 😔

I am reaching out for assistance in changing/updating the entire software of the car. I would like to make the car look and feel like a car bought from Tesla in the UAE or Jordan, with the appropriate Middle East maps and apps.

Please, please help guide me through this process. I am really looking forward to your support.

Thank you in advance. 😔💔

Having the same issue. Did you manage to get it fixed?
Today I have managed it. Chinese people helped me. During last 2 weeks I was in contact with china person, who represents seller. He was trying to help me, he contacted to China Tesla support and upload all my documents by himself. After that appeared that it's impossible to transfer China car to tesla.com account, so we created new one on tesla.cn (translator that can translate photo helps a lot), seller provided me his phone number, so I managed it. After that person from support did transfer account. Now I have tesla.cn account with my car in it.

P.S. My tesla.cn account doesn't contain phone number cause first attempt to transfer failed (as I understand seller has magic button to transfer, but that button failed cause email should be .cn too), so I fastly ran deleting process for new account (it can take 15 days, I needed untie seller's phone number, so I hurried up). At moment when person from support run transfer by hands tesla.cn account had been deleted. But tesla.cn account restore itself (I don't know how), but loose phone number, so now I have login + password without any phone number.

As bonuses I have all advertising in app in china language, other app parts (that belongs to app) stay in english. I don't see any other differences yet, so right now I think I have solved it.

Today I have managed it. Chinese people helped me. During last 2 weeks I was in contact with china person, who represents seller. He was trying to help me, he contacted to China Tesla support and upload all my documents by himself. After that appeared that it's impossible to transfer China car to tesla.com account, so we created new one on tesla.cn (translator that can translate photo helps a lot), seller provided me his phone number, so I managed it. After that person from support did transfer account. Now I have tesla.cn account with my car in it.

P.S. My tesla.cn account doesn't contain phone number cause first attempt to transfer failed (as I understand seller has magic button to transfer, but that button failed cause email should be .cn too), so I fastly ran deleting process for new account (it can take 15 days, I needed untie seller's phone number, so I hurried up). At moment when person from support run transfer by hands tesla.cn account had been deleted. But tesla.cn account restore itself (I don't know how), but loose phone number, so now I have login + password without any phone number.

As bonuses I have all advertising in app in china language, other app parts (that belongs to app) stay in english. I don't see any other differences yet, so right now I think I have solved it.
That is amazing congratulations! So now your navigation works according to your location? Your clock and radio work? How did you get in touch with them? Is there a phone number or email address I can use? Thanks so much

That is amazing congratulations! So now your navigation works according to your location? Your clock and radio work? How did you get in touch with them? Is there a phone number or email address I can use? Thanks so much
Nope, nothing but tesla.app works. Clock is still Chinese. Map same. No navigation at all. But I can use tesla.app to unlock my car and so on. Full access from app.

As a suggestion you can try “guess” email address by using numbers like 100, 200, 300, 150 probably and ets as email addresses (example [email protected], but I don’t know if it’s real).

I’m afraid to share email that I have, so I just leave the guess, use it till it works 🙂