Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Replacing China Firmware with USA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To cut the story short, I have a Model Y imported from China to the Philippines (Teslas are not available here). The map being used is Baidu (China) and it doesn't cover the Philippines, thus I'm not able to use it.

Is there a way (if this is even the best method to fix the issue) to replace the firmware installed to a U.S. firmware instead so the maps application starts using Google Maps?

Does anyone have any suggestions on avenues I can explore? Searched this forum already and Googled my issue but nothing really comes up with the situation I am going through.

To cut the story short, I have a Model Y imported from China to the Philippines (Teslas are not available here). The map being used is Baidu (China) and it doesn't cover the Philippines, thus I'm not able to use it.

Is there a way (if this is even the best method to fix the issue) to replace the firmware installed to a U.S. firmware instead so the maps application starts using Google Maps?

Does anyone have any suggestions on avenues I can explore? Searched this forum already and Googled my issue but nothing really comes up with the situation I am going through.
I'm interested in this also

Upvote 0
For my MYP in the US, it has a separate navigation package that occasionally gets updated, so I don’t think it works the way you think it does.

You’d be better off mounting a smartphone near the screen and using that to navigate. As I would guess that, if Tesla aren’t selling there, they probably also don’t have a navigation package for that region either.

Upvote 0