Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Immersive Sound

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

Test drove a M3 and pulled the trigger a few weeks ago. I have yet to receive it. I do not recall listening to the sound system, as my delivery person was telling me the ins and outs of the car. What is the general consensus on the immersive sound quality? Coming from a BMW with the Harmon Kardon sound which was good but not up there with the Bang & Olufsen. Not so much an audiophile but quality is still important to me. What is your take?

if you are getting the premium interior (with the full sound system), I believe it is worlds better than the Harmon Kardon sound systems in BMWs... and I have had HK sound system in (2) 2013 BMWs, (2) 2016 BMWs and still have it in my wifes 2019 X3 M40i. The sound system in my tesla (from a sound perspective) sounds quite a bit better.

I have never been willing to pay for BMWs B&O sound (never could stomach ponying up 3.5 -4k for it), but the tesla premium sound system is pretty darn good. No idea how the "partial premium" one in the SR or SR+ sound though... but I suspect its not as good as the HK.

EDIT: Also, if you are coming from BMW, you know this car is not an "M3", its a model 3 :D