Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How's the audio system in the Model X?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been looking at the refreshed Model X as a 6/7 seater SUV. Bit of an audiophile, and wonder how good is the sound system in the new X. Specs for the audio system definitely do seem impressive (965 watt AMP, 22 speakers). Some sound systems I really like are the Burmester High-End 3D in the Porsche Panamera (21 Speakers, 1455 Watt AMP), the Harman Kardon in previous gen M-Benz GLS (830 watt AMP, 14 Speakers), and the Bang & Olufsen 3D Premium sound system in the Audi Q7 (19 Speakers). I have also listened to the sound system in a 2022 MYP but think there isn't enough surround. Can anyone give me any opinions on the X's sound system?

Nor a training audiophile but can approximate good sound. The sound system on our old 2020 MX was amazing! There was an open spacial ness across the dash that was unlike anything else I've heard in a car. Was one of the high points of the car and really enjoyed listening to it!

That is gone in our 6-21 made refreshed MX. Not bad sounding, but whatever made the old one special and airy is gone. And as for 900+ watts, I feel that is rated like the old aftermarket amps use to do in the '80s. Where they rated for 1 cycle peak, not RMS. I can play on 8 or 9 out of 11 and it's not that loud. Now my brother's 2012 Challenger with some special 450+watt Amp, now that gets loud!

Overall sound is ok, but I miss the 2020MX sound alot as that kicked azz!