Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I'm back! And really happy about it.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last night I cancelled my trade in for a 2023 MY from my 2019 M3 with 88,000 miles on it. I do want a bigger car. But other than that, my M3 has been awesome. I love how it drives, way more than the MY. I love how it looks--the MY is nice, but the M3 is just better looking. I frequently rely on the the USS (which the MY lacks.) I still have 2 years, assuming current driving levels, of battery and drive unit warranty. Speaking of battery, I get ~287 miles on a full, 100% charge which is pretty great from comparisons I have seen. I'll be paid off in two years. If I can get another two years after that, I save a boatload of money. I'm happy to remain in this forum with my M3!

Sometimes you need to waste a few bucks ($250 order fee, gone) to realize you don't need to spent a huge amount of money after all.

Long live my 2019 black, with old-school chrome, M3!!!

Yeah, I was thinking a lot about this. These forums have countless Tesla owners on them every day. I have been reading them regularly for four years. I could count the number of car failure disaster stories on one hand. Elon seems to be mostly full of it on a lot of things, especially related to FSD. But when he says these cars were built to last a long time, I think he might be right. You know we would hear about serious problems with the M3 at this point, right here on these forums. Most forums on the internet are major bitch-fests. People complaining to no end. We don't really see that here. And I can only assume that's because the M3 is a reliable car.

Reactions: android04
Last night I cancelled my trade in for a 2023 MY from my 2019 M3 with 88,000 miles on it. I do want a bigger car. But other than that, my M3 has been awesome. I love how it drives, way more than the MY. I love how it looks--the MY is nice, but the M3 is just better looking. I frequently rely on the the USS (which the MY lacks.) I still have 2 years, assuming current driving levels, of battery and drive unit warranty. Speaking of battery, I get ~287 miles on a full, 100% charge which is pretty great from comparisons I have seen. I'll be paid off in two years. If I can get another two years after that, I save a boatload of money. I'm happy to remain in this forum with my M3!

Sometimes you need to waste a few bucks ($250 order fee, gone) to realize you don't need to spent a huge amount of money after all.

Long live my 2019 black, with old-school chrome, M3!!!

I have been on these forums basically daily since late november of 2018 (when I ordered my 2018 Model 3 Performance and started reading up on "things Tesla", and while there are stories of failures, in general its pretty rare. I mean, forums amplify everything, and still these cars are pretty good, from a reliability standpoint.

Model S owners seem to be having some failures with 2013 and 2014 model year ones, but its a different battery chemistry than model 3s.

I kept my 2018 model 3, which is also out of new car warranty due to time (but still in battery warranty due to less driving to the office during covid 19 years), and I have been pretty happy with it, overall.

Its noisier (wind noise) that my wifes model Y, but the car has been good to me. We have a model Y (2022, wifes car) and while its made better than mine, I dont like driving it as much as my model 3.

Reactions: dansev
I hear you on the Y, but if you qualify for tax credits this would be an exceptionally good time to update your 3.
Due to the impending Highland refresh, Tesla is currently discounting the 3 thru their inventory page where the LR AWD is going for $45-$48K now.

You get a $7500 Federal tax credit, possibly a $3500 state credit, and even another $500 discount for using a referral code that anyone can offer you (even me).

So add the $1390 delivery fee and subtract $8000 or $11,500 and a brand new, updated, warrantied 3 can be in your driveway by Monday morning for $35k-$38K. Dump your old one on a Carvana-ish site for high $20's and you're only looking at $6-$8K to remove 4 years of aging from your car. It's almost worth it just for the new tires, nevermind the non-combative center console and infotainment computer that is so blazing fast you can actually use YouTube and Netflix. And imagine all those swirl marks on your black paint simply disappearing overnight.

Reactions: father_of_6
I have been on these forums basically daily since late november of 2018 (when I ordered my 2018 Model 3 Performance and started reading up on "things Tesla", and while there are stories of failures, in general its pretty rare. I mean, forums amplify everything, and still these cars are pretty good, from a reliability standpoint.

Model S owners seem to be having some failures with 2013 and 2014 model year ones, but its a different battery chemistry than model 3s.

I kept my 2018 model 3, which is also out of new car warranty due to time (but still in battery warranty due to less driving to the office during covid 19 years), and I have been pretty happy with it, overall.

Its noisier (wind noise) that my wifes model Y, but the car has been good to me. We have a model Y (2022, wifes car) and while it’s made better than mine, I dont like driving it as much as my model 3.
Same situations. Agree with every word here.