Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If you build it, they will come... Road Trip / Puget Sound, WA => Bandon Dunes, OR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm making my annual pilgrimage from Washington State to Bandon Dunes Oregon (Golf Resort) in late January. Charging en route should be straightforward.

I emailed Bandon Dunes to determine if they had EV charging capabilities on site, (I'll be there several days), they responded promptly they did not, but noted they are considering installing stations.

The gentlemen went further to ask, give the various types of vehicles, what EV charging system(s) would be most appropriate.

Ideas? Resources?

TIA

Mark

My first choice would be a clipper creek CS-100. It's a j1772 EVSE that will supply up to 80A. If they don't have the electrical capacity and don't want to upgrade then perhaps they could install a 14-50 outlet.

I'm making my annual pilgrimage from Washington State to Bandon Dunes Oregon (Golf Resort) in late January. Charging en route should be straightforward.

I emailed Bandon Dunes to determine if they had EV charging capabilities on site, (I'll be there several days), they responded promptly they did not, but noted they are considering installing stations.

The gentlemen went further to ask, give the various types of vehicles, what EV charging system(s) would be most appropriate.

Ideas? Resources?

TIA

Mark

I agree with MNX on the best choices.

If EVSE cost is an issue and exclusivity isn't, they could ask Tesla what deals they are offering on HPWCs. But I think they are likely to be happier with J1772 stations that can work with any car even if they pay more for the units. If rock-bottom price is the issue, 14-50's are the cheapest and should suffice.

If you visit before they have something installed, Bandon's fire station (555 US 101) has a free 30A 208V solar-powered charging station. It's a few miles from the golf course, but an easy walk to shops and restaurants downtown.